dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Sorry Okie, but I had to buy the Chevy.... An 05 Silverado 1500 5.3L V8, 4x4 with the tow/haul package and offroad package. Color? Victory red! :aj: Now that my rig is as big as Cory's he thinks he needs a larger one. :coocoo: (Men). We tested my new wheels out this past weekend by taking him camping. We found a couple of gnarly logging roads to test the 4wd on. Then we took him down along the waterfront to do a little playing in the sand. I am extremely happy with my purchase. I hate the idea of having payments again (in general), but since they mean I get to own this rig I'm ok with them. If things keep going the way they are at work I'll be able to save up for a 3" lift kit come next summer. The money I'm saving on insurance will be going right into the tank, but oh well. I need the pulling power, no way around it. I'll have pictures, eventually.

Ok, so what happened to the Dodge? Honestly, I couldn't talk myself into buying a Dodge. And the Nissan? Well I had three different salesmen from one dealership trying to back me into a corner on a deal I didn't like so I told them #*(& you, keep your truck and don't bother calling me. :debil:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
don't be dissin the Chevy! You done good girl, real good. The Chevy is a better rig.
The money I'm saving on insurance will be going right into the tank
You ain't kidding. 'course I don't know what fuel prices are around you, but I just paid 2.61/gal last night :yikes:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
dirty~d~ said:
We tested my new wheels out this past weekend by taking him camping.

Him ?!?!?!?!?!? :) And to think I thought all vehicles were "her".

Congrats on the new wheels ~d~. I love my Silverado!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Congrats ~d~!!!!!!! I want a truck, but I shed a tear everytime I write a check for my car payment now, I can only imagine what a truck payment would be!

Enjoy your new ride and post pics as soon as you can!

B

biglou

$2.65/gal here as of this morning. That's 20cents in two days! We used to be well below national average, but they seem to have caught on to that around here lately.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
~d~ sent me a picture of the truck and it's sweet. It screams ROAD TRIP. ;)

Lou don't feel bad about the gas price, I paid $3.31 for premium last night. At that price I was tempted to just dump a can of 324 race fuel in my Mopar. :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Congrats on the new ride, D! 3" lift kit.... go for the 6", and some nice 35" mudders! :nod:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Congrats on the truck. My mom and dad just went Chevy truck on me for the first time in their lives! They bought an '05 Avalanche, minus the body armour. Nice truck...for a Chevy :nener:

Papakeith said:
You ain't kidding. 'course I don't know what fuel prices are around you, but I just paid 2.61/gal last night :yikes:

That's cheap! It's 2.80 here...

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Lou, I paid 2.85/gal for Premium last night. :(

Nik, I'm too short to put a 6" lift kit on my truck. I'd need a ladder to get in. :)

Tony, my trucks and bikes have always been 'him's... I'll let you use your imagination to figure out why. ;)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
dirty~d~ said:
Tony, my trucks and bikes have always been 'him's... I'll let you use your imagination to figure out why. ;)

:laugh:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
congrats on the new ride, i gots a 03 silverado also but the SS version so its not really meant for off road and must use premium gas :bang: but chevy all the way :cool:

Here are several links to many sites to gather any ifo you could possibly imagine for your new truck.....

FSC

GMFS

SSS
Although the site above is not towards your truck many people have the same one and the guys on the site are awesome and will help you out in anyway they can.

LS1 Performance Trucks

Just browse all the forums for them
Enjoy :cool:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
dirty~d~ said:

Ahhh, that's a easy one, Low maintenance, you can work them to death and all ya have to do is service them once in awhile

was that close

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Great choice, D~! We've had our Silverado for two years, and it's running great. For a V8, it gets pretty good gas mileage. Tows our bike trailer without a complaint, and it's very comfortable for those long road trips (like to DW). I'm sure you two will be very happy together. ;)

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Cool beans ~D~ $2.85 for gas! Shoot that's cheap! (no really it is!) Now go break her in!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
JPIVEY said:
Ahhh, that's a easy one, Low maintenance, you can work them to death and all ya have to do is service them once in awhile

was that close

You're on the right track... except for the service part. I'll make sure to give him check ups at least once a week. ;)

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
dirty~d~ said:
You're on the right track... except for the service part. I'll make sure to give him check ups at least once a week. ;)

:rotfl: :cool:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
XRpredator said:
I give up :bang:

We've finally beaten the big man into submission. :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Top Bottom