Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
I am doing the AM devotions for the Cooperland MX championship series each Sunday. And thought I would offer to do something like it at dirt week. even just a daily am prayer would be cool. I don't want to impose on anyone, just thought I would offer. What do you think?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I think it is a good idea and a great way to re inforce how lucky we really are to be there for many reasons. I know you wouldn't make it a in-your-face situation and that there would be many who would welcome the get together. Just before or after the riders meeting the bigtop clears out pretty quick and would be a good opportunity

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Count me IN. Great idea Midhigh

TwistNShout

Nov 19, 2003
Pre-race or pre-ride prayers are always a good idea in my book. Doesn't have to be eloquent or long.....maybe something along the lines of, Father, Son, Holy Spirit & angels go with us & protect us, Amen

Nothing religious & only for those who choose to.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
:thumb:
Sounds like a cool idea to me. I always say a prayer or two before I take part in any dangerous activity (bike, splicing hot wires, lying to the wife).

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
As long as it's not a sermon ... short, non-denominational and in the typical pre-sporting event tone, I'm good with it. I would suggest doing it just prior to the National Anthem each morning.

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I think it's a great idea too. Thanks for offering, Midhigh!

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
I will plan on it then. Thanks for all the feedback. I will plan on a very simple spiritual thought for the day and prayer. I hope to get a good number of our group (Dirt Riders Fellowship) out for DW04 this year.

Top Bottom