Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Hey, someone had to get the ball rolling on this so here it is! We really need to have a Spring Rally and get the whole gang on board. Just putting out some feelers for this and see where it goes. Lets throw out some dates and places and see if we can get a great weekend of riding with great people!

A good place to start would be Lost Trails near Scranton, PA. Plenty of Hotels and camping around. Start pitching ideas!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Lost Trails is a good start. Dan's going to need help building some single track so we have someplace to ride beside the couch trails.

I plan on riding at the Hancock,NY ride in April for anyone that wants to come.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Just so you guys know. RAC permits can be purchased by mail now. The trails out there are endless and well worth the 125.00 they charge for the year. Plenty of campsites in the area and also cheap hotels.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'd like to get out to ride with you guys this year.

Dave, get me the dates early for the kugamugga (sp?) Honest, I want to make the ride!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
No date set yet for the Kuggamugga ride. I emailed them to see when it will be but it is during April sometime.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Have fun guys. I can't find a single rock out here in the midwest, except for Fort Dodge, which is an abandoned gypsum mine. Found a lot of trees the hard way though ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Papakeith said:
yeah, i'll just block out the whole month for it then .:coocoo:
Sounds like a perfect plan. Just sit by your phone and wait for my call. :laugh:

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
The problem with RAC is that none of the trails are marked and neither is the boundary of the property. nobody wants to get arrested for trespassing on someone elses property. Their maps are useless if the boundaries aint marked.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Just do a quick 180 and twist the throttle. What's the big deal? :) No seriously there is no problem out there at all and who needs maps. Half the fun is getting lost once in a while and finding something new. I myself have always riden out there with a gps and pretty much know what's good to go and isn't. The only real issue out there is the water shed stuff. Stay away from that and your usually OK. Might want to stay away from the gun range too.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
OK, time to come out of hibernation, lets pick a pick a date and place. So far i should be able to make any wekeend, only weekends I have tied up are this coming weekend, August4-5, and october 6-7.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
You mean you want to actually try and make the spring ride in the spring this year instead of the summer?

Dmay4

Oct 31, 2010
Few questions about ride, coming from out of town few hours away, do you need to be a member of club or just the 60.00 per rider. Kid and I ride KX's 250 and 450 any issues with MX bikes on trails. Any camping available at site??

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Dmay4 said:
Few questions about ride, coming from out of town few hours away, do you need to be a member of club or just the 60.00 per rider. Kid and I ride KX's 250 and 450 any issues with MX bikes on trails. Any camping available at site??
Are you asking about the Good Kuggamugga Ride on 4/29? If so, they do have camping but it's primitive. You will want to email them on particulars with when you plan to arrive to make sure you can get in to camp.

No club membership but you must be an AMA member (for insurance purposes) but you can apply right at the event.

MX bikes are fine. There is a $5 per car gate fee (plus AMA if you need to get it).

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yep! Next weekend will be a fun ride. Were you able to talk anyone into coming with you Keith?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
maybe 1, he thinks he doesn't ride well enough. He does, he's just a solo rider and is worried he won't be able to hack it. I rode with him a couple of weeks ago. We rode 25 miles. A mix of fire roads, single track and about 2 miles of rock garden with no troubles.

I'm hoping I can talk him into it :)

Top Bottom