1. MODERATOR NEEDED!
    If you have a good deal of RV / Camper / Trailer knowledge and want to help out the community by moderating a new forum here on DRN, please message me. Industry pro's are welcome.

Danny Macias 1924 - 2007

Discussion in 'General Stuff' started by Ol'89r, Nov 25, 2007.

1. csomers

csomers Rookie DRN Member

macias

terry
    bear with me ..i'm not too swift at internet
    they will not allow me to give my email address here
    all the best
    craig somers
  2. csomers

csomers Rookie DRN Member

macias

terry
    bear with me ..i'm not too swift at internet
    they will not allow me to give my email address here

our bike was an ebay basket case...(i'll send you pics when i get yr email address...too large to upload for this format)
    we sent the engine to ed valiket at e&v engineering in mi
    (you may know ed...he seems to be the guru on single cyl
    brit engines...he builds for arhma racers from all over the country
    ...ed's an old flattracker...really smart...and a great person
    ... he built us a really stout engine...and always answers all of our
    questions...no matter how dumb they are
    we fabricated the aluminum gas tank and seat ourselves...and modified the frame...our fastest mile was 91.4 mph...we think thats about as fast as it will go the way its set up ...so we're looking for ways to make it more slippery...that's when the bike of danny macias caught my eye...i would love to take a look at it some time...the one picture of it looks awesome...when i saw it i said... now that guy really knew what he was doing...i need to see that bike....
    best of luck w/ the project...i'm sure it will be fun
    if there's any chance we could see the bike ...let us know...the trip would be worth it
    all the best
    craig and max somers
  3. Ol'89r

Ol'89r Super Power AssClown

Craig.

My shop is in Corona California. Just Google 'Alloy Graphics Corona' for my address and phone number.
    91.4 mph. :whoa: That's pretty impressive for an old British 250 thumper. I would be glad to help you with whatever you may need for your project.

Actually I have just started on Dannys 350. I had a couple of restorations to get out of the way and now with one year til next Speed Week I can concentrate on the bike. I plan on taking photos and posting them on DRN as I go.

When you type in your email address, leave spaces between the @ and it will print out. Like, 'craig @ aol.com'

Terry
  4. Red 250

Red 250 Rookie DRN Member

Having someone come into your life and make a huge impact as this man obviously did with you is a great thing. Your life may have been so different if he hadn't taken you under his wing. Life has a funny way of giving you just what you need even when you don't know you needed it yourself. Congrats on having someone who cared enough to give of themselves and change your life for the better. I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. ....................Brian/Red
  5. fatcat216

fatcat216 "Don't Worry Sister"

89r- You really do have a gift for writing.... and clearly...friendship. :cool:

(I may have to come watch the attempt!! :nod: )

Looking forward to the pictures, and more detail on the project. Way cool.
  6. fatcat216

fatcat216 "Don't Worry Sister"

so 89r- Question.

You would not feel under any undue pressure if I said we had our plane tickets already??

JK...., so far. Can't book until you get in the window on the return flights.

I did, however, take out a fourth mortgage to secure a room at a flea bag hotel this side of Elko. You better get to work on that bike!
  7. Ol'89r

Ol'89r Super Power AssClown

No more than usual fatcat.

See ya' there.
  8. poppawheelie

poppawheelie Rookie DRN Member

Thank you for such a complete bio of Danny. I was a Triumph dealer from 1962 to 1976 in Boulder Co and did meet him at some of the dealer meetings. I didn't realize he had such a history. BTW, Al Gunner is Al Gunter. He was our idol on a BSA Gold Star, even though it wasn't a Triumph. And Jimmy Odem is really Jimmy Odom. Saw him clean up on a Honda at Daytona in 1967.
    Poppa