Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
Just got home from day 1 DW04. Riding was awesome, temp in the low 80's and sunny. Track was awesome and the woods are excellant. Kid track and new Pit bike track way cool. This is going to be a great week.

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow

:aj:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
wow.... and a "free style" jump..... three different ramps for Kris Brown and others to play on.....

then there is the "grass track".... Okie and Thump did the layout.... hey my kind of MX... no jumps, lots of turns....

by early evening about 55 people had checked in.... all set for the onslaught of the masses....

weather again perfect today; weatherman seemed to indicate possibility of rain late Thursday or early Friday.... but red dirt dries quickly...

Tucker Rocky and KTM also checked in with their trucks, displays and .... a dozen KTMs for demo purposes....

Coop took the woods guys on a modified woods loop (not "lap" as MXers would say).... Mully then marked a 4 miles loop for the Poker runs and Hare Scramles....

Open riding yesterday and today....

gotta go.....practice some mo'... wish youcould be here...

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Wish we could be there too!

Thanks for the updates and keep them coming. A freestyle jump, grass track and a mini bike track! Wow, some nice upgrades! :thumb:

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Blah- blah- blah, Ya we know it's great. You don't have to rub it in. Need pictures. I really miss being there :(

BAT

~SPONSOR~
Oct 21, 2002
Awsome, Thanks for the update and please keep them coming. The clan plans to be there Thursday but till then rip it up.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
City water in the pits this year to boot. I only was there Sunday for Spodewash setup and some fine food courtesy of Camp Tejas! YUM! I worked 7:30 am to midnight yesterday trying to get caught up at work to take off early. I'm beat.

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
OMG just when I thought I couldnt get any more jelous than I was, then this thread posted! :( :(

PIC's Please!

Dont make me drive there and take em myself !

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Wednesday must be the most memorable day of almost any DW event..... Malcolm took three groups on separate rides.... then I happened to mention the "kids" to him and he promptly suggested he had enough time Thursday before his departure to take the kids on a short run. Malcolm tells great stories of his past expriences in the sport and in the industry.... Our fellow DRNer and Tucker Rocky Marketing man, Will Pattison, held a very interesting "focus group" session, attended by many (seemed like 100) in the lae evening (option was to sit around the bonfire).... he got great feedback from a lot of users of MSR, Answer and Pro Taper... by the way, Will also is a hell of a rider... flies the jumps with the greatest of ease...

Larry Roessler also took two groups of riders around the woods.......Larry is an expert in this sport and is easy to talk to (I was not part of the ride, so I let others comment)

Oh, and KTM must be mentioned as they did indeed bring 11 new bikes for testing by anyone with the basic riding skill and accessories....

The Malcolm evening started out with the movie ON ANY SUNDAY... courtesy of a fellow DRNer who brought a projection unit so the film could be seen on a large white screen.... enough parts of the film were shown to make all who already saw the movie become once again excited about Malcom's personality and talent. What woould the sport look like if his frienship with Steve McQueen had not existed, the movie might never have been made and.......

pics? well.... wish there was time between end of day and sleep to upload..... may be someone will sooneest....many of us are busy riding that picture taking is secondary....

As we chat here, the night crawlers are finishing their Night time Poker run.....man how do you ride in tight woods with "improvised lighting"?

Oh, how could I forget????? Wednesday we also were treated to some fantastic freestyle riding by Kenny Bartram and a couple of his friends.... back flip and all! whoawwwwwww

man I'm tired, need to sleep and be "fresh" for the MX races romorrow.... am going for "gold"... in my own way...

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
BSwift.... you comin' man?.... have been chatting with your dad all week long; he has been very helpful in the tent, giving some of us more riding time.....very nice and interesting man, that dad of yours... thanks for lending him to us for the week...

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
:bang: Somebody just shoot me.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Riding with Malcolm is definitely the highlight of my week...except when he decided to follow me through the woods, I got real nervous and crashed!

After all the rides were done Malcolm was over by his trailer bs'ing with a few people here and there and he told me that I rode well! That was too cool! Then I got him to sign a t-shirt for me (Thanks Will!!!) that I am going to have framed and treasure for the rest of my life!

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
hey, I got my pic taken with that "old" Malcolm....we were the two most "senior" guys on two wheels at DW.... albeit different skill levels.... hahaha...

Top Bottom