yater

Nov 7, 2003
Alright....I sold my '97kdx200 several months ago and I'm kicking myself! I have a '97dr350se (dual sport) and a 2000 dr650se (dual sport). I'm considering: A) Selling the 350 and stepping up to a drze and put a plate on it or B) Keeping both bikes and getting another used kdx200. I'm considering racing enduro with the new bike (C level). My size isn't an issue because either bike will need to be shaved down a hair (seat) BUT I'm 5' 7" 145lbs and I have a fix for the drz height

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
In Washington we can plate KTM 2 smokes, sell them all and Dual Sport an KTM EXC 250 or 300!!
The KTM 4 strokes I don't beleive are recommended for to much road use.

yater

Nov 7, 2003
I'd rather keep the dr650 for adventure type riding. It's as close to a street bike as I'd like to get. I'm really considering the drz400e (dual sported) or maybe a kdx dual sported. I really don't like running the kdx at steady 6th gear for very long though. The drz is WAY more bike than the dr350 but is still heavy. I just did a weekend in the mud with the dr350 and could have used a kdx!--just thinking out loud

motorider200

Nov 11, 2002
If your going to be riding in more open high speed terrian the drz may be the way to go. But if your going to be riding in the slow speed nasty stuff you can't go wrong with the kdx. Personally I'd pick the kdx when compaired to my dads xr400 the kdx is alot lighter and faster.

yater

Nov 7, 2003
I'm seriously considering the wr 250 as well. Other than the height (which I think I can fix), it seems like a great do-it-all bike and would be ideal for enduro. Correct me if I'm wrong. Remember, I'm 155-160lbs soaking wet in my riding gear.

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
Why do you need two or even three dual sports if you intend to start racing? How about keeping the DR 650, selling the 350, and getting a DRZ or a 250 enduro for dirt only? It seems a little redundant to have two dual sports and a KDX that you will convert.

I loved my DR 650, but no dual sport could ever compare to a "real" dirt bike. I think you know this, which is why you are kicking yourself for selling yours.

yater

Nov 7, 2003
True--BUT there is no reason NOT to dualsport the bike. A wr would easily be converted with little weight gain. I'm really considering the wr250 (four stroke) and the kdx. I've never ridden the wr250 but it seems much more advanced than the kdx (suspension) and is only a few pounds heavier. I've done some amazing rides that would not have been possible without a plate on the bike.

Top Bottom