gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I don’t know about all of you, but until DRN I have not had any experience with developing any “online” relationships. In my mind I have created an image and a persona to go with each one of you simply based on the posts (and some icons!) that I read here. I feel like I know you all, yet I have never met any of you. As the date for the Spodefest draws near (41 days!), I find the prospect of meeting most of the people I have been in communication with for the past 6 months very strange. Will meeting each one of you dispel the images in my mind, or will I find a perfect match? I guess we shall see. Whatever the outcome, I am very excited and looking forward to meeting each and every one of you if possible, okay except Gomer!
devil.gif
Just kidding Gomer, I am even looking forward to meeting you.

------------------
Aimee
RM125
AMA Member
Blue Ribbon Coalition Member
gospeedracer’s Picture Page

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
That is DEEP . After you communicate with people for a while you form images of them and what you think they are like. I communicate with many people on the phone and via e-mail on a daily basis(job related). Most of them I have never met face to face but the ones that I have are usually similar to the person that I form in my mind before I meet them. Looks like the spodefest could possibly bring a VERY LARGE group of people together that have never met. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. Even the ones that are partial to farm animals hehehe.

------------------
Old and slow and politically incorrect
Senior KX Rider
99 KX 310 (on the way)

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan:
This is quite some worldwide network of friends we've got going on here
smile.gif

You said it man. The people I enjoy hanging out with are the the ones I met here on DRN, and they turned out to be exactly as I assumed.

Now Okie on the other hand....I figure I will hate his guts, I mean we have nothing in common...I like to ride dirtbikes, I lie about my riding skill level on the internet, work on computers, live way above my means and drink diet pepsi. Yeah, we probably have nothing in common.
eek.gif

Ivan Liechty

Aug 18, 1999
I used to be scared to talk to people via e-mail. Now people I met online have become very close friends and people who's opinion I value.

Not all of them have been from DRN or RMD but most of them have. As a matter of fact, I sent an e-mail to Gomer once since he rides a lot where I ride.

Now we are friends.

Ummm, remember what I said about the internet and the people... scratch that.

What was I thinking... sheesh!!

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Gospeed

I've met numerous fellow riders off the net.I cant think of a single one that wasn't really cool in person.
Most went way out of thier way to line up riding spots or help out in some way if you were traveling or just passing through..
The world is shrinking.
smile.gif

What was that old Honda add?
"You meet the nicest folks on a motorcycle"
Something like that.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I was active on RMD for a few years and have been getting abused here on DRN for the last year or so. I've been to 4 major SFs and many smaller get-togethers with people I've met over RMD or DRN.

95% of the people will be just as you imagine them. I, on the other hand, will be a complete surprise. See, everyone thinks that I am a sheep-herding, beer-swilling, bike-crashing, slow-riding, balding, overweight redneck. The truth is...I'm not balding (much).

The majority of people who try to give a false impression are obvious or will never show up in person to be found out. For instance, I've got a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale that says Wardy doesn't show because he's really a 5'3" pencil-necked geek with a mullet that has never actually twisted a throttle. Who wants to take me up on that bet? (Not so I know how much to bring...just so I know how many Advil to bring with me)

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Gomer is back with a vengence,his short
stint of common sense seems to have worn off
with a BANG.

ahh..I doubt Wardy will even see this one Gomer.Thats probably a good thing.
I was sorta hoping you survive the MWSF,
I mean you do ride the right brand after all,and in person, its true, you arnt really balding like Wardy is.
tongue.gif

( see how I'm looking out for you?
drawing off a bit of Wardy roost my way?
I wouldnt do that for a KX or YZF rider ,of course they arnt silly enough to poke sticks at a hibernating grizzly either)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Ok I'll cop to the truth. Gomer is about the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet, he rides like Ricky Johnson, and has the physique to match. People routinely mistake him for RJ. He is kind to animals (not that way), and loves his kids.

..... OK Gomer will that get you to stop sending me pictures of Ivan wearing nothing but his helmet and an ankle chain?? PLEASEEEEEEEE STOP THE MADNESS
eek.gif

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
95% accuracy eh… so then most of the following should be true…
tongue.gif

Thump, despite his attempts to conceal it, really is a big ol’ Texan pu$$ycat
Rich, burdened with an extremely large cranium and an attitude to match, spends most of his days tinkering away in his laboratory in the basement
Okiewan is some kind of an enigma that sits behind a computer in a cloak with matching pointy hat and wand in hand
twinspar, never leaves home without his compass
Gomer really is little bo peep
Wardy is so fast on a bike you would need an instant replay to catch him
AJ is actually Cousin IT. (unless I have him confused with wardy, somehow I have this strange feeling they are interchangeable)
confused.gif

Ivan, despite sounding like your average “nice guy” may possibly have a split personality disorder. One of his alter egos is into masochism.
Michelle and LoriKTM are a lot of woman in small packages
bbbom is super blonde standing on top of a mountain, (Kilamanjaro!) fists on her waist as her cape waves in the breeze
spermy, unfortunately, I do not think even meeting him will be able to dispel the image of a man standing around buck a$$ naked in nothing but hot pink riding boots!
eek.gif

------------------
Aimee
RM125
AMA Member
Blue Ribbon Coalition Member
gospeedracer’s Picture Page

[This message has been edited by gospeedracer (edited 08-04-2000).]

[This message has been edited by gospeedracer (edited 08-04-2000).]

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Speed - Have you been peeking in my windows AGAIN ??
smile.gif

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Wow, I can not wait to meet you all. I never thought about it and I have no idea what to think about you all and if all you have to go off is your icons then gospeed is right on the money.

------------------
More to follow im sure.....

Ivan Liechty

Aug 18, 1999
Now I have to jump in the fray and add my 2 cents...

Thump In desperate need of a 2 stroke I think he is mentally confused and sexually frustrated (riding 4 strokes will do that). Too bad he isn't a little nicer to people... the Wizard needs to give this man a heart.

Rich As a result of sniffing too many "fumes" as he likes to call it I picture him being really nice the first couple of days but after the 1,000 jetting question he will snap and use his powerlifting skills to break apart everyone in his path.

Gospeedracer The woman every man here dreams about. Can handle responsibility (she is a mod), loves motorcycles, is a female, loves motorcycles, can change an air filter, loves motorcyles and ummm, she loves motorcycles.

Okiewan The man behind the curtain. He will give us all our ruby red slippers and we will chant "there is no place like the track, there is no place like the track..."

Michelle She will turn out to be the kindest person... until Rich pisses her off then Rich will be walking around hunched over and crying like a baby.

Twinspar Will never admit he can't follow directions and will argue about it all the time... his wife will obviously agree that he can't find his way out of a one way street b/c as all women know... men don't ask for directions. He will definately be the biggest troublemaker of the group
wink.gif

Gomer Gospeed said that he really is little bo peep... well that is true and false. When Gomers wife, Lori is around he is the perfect gentleman... however when she is out of site he, ummm, reverts back to his money makin days in college
smile.gif

WardySays he is fast but in reality he is too damn fast. By the time Rich gets to the first turn Wardy will be lapping him.

AJ AJ is actually Rich. We all know from RMD that Rich can't post with just one name so AJ is just one of Rich's many many different online persona's. His other favorite is Ledamay and Brian McGarry.

Ivan I am a very very nice guy - hit me - who has nothing but positive things to say about people - hit me - and think that the best thing in this world - hit me - is a large field with large - hit me - rolling hills and a - hit me - bike. Rumors of me being a masochist - hit me - are all false. Just take a look at my posts - hit me. If I was actually a masochist I would pick on - hit me - someone much larger than myself like - hit me - JG or another power lifter type who could hurt me if he ever hit me.

LoriKTM Is a better rider than she admits and would be even faster if she was on a real bike like Gospeedracer
wink.gif

bbbom She is shy and reserved. I doubt we will get her to tell us what she really thinks.

spermy He's Kent Howerton... well not really but as fast as he is some may not realize the difference (well some morons can get them confused). Probably a preacher based on his posts and illustrations of high ethical values

Sunruh Probably the nicest guy we will meet at the SF. I bet he is one of those guys who just doesn't care who you are or what you do, he will help you as long as you don't mess with his riding gear or his bike.

JG Large guy. Dog lover. Great bike. Lots of internal strength.

Dr. BillZ Can't see for ****. He is as blind as an ACC basketball ref. Just pretends to be a Dr. As a matter of fact the people in his neighborhood institutionalize him several times a year.

Mdidier aka Pokie Pretends to be Okies dad b/c in reality very few people who have actually met Okie will admit they know him. Mdidier has a big heart.

Lemming Nice guy who is very humble and a great guy... (psst, I'm just saying that so he will let me use his bike at the next wheelie contest).

Lee #54 Great kid who works hard and is becoming a better rider everyday. Too bad he likes to crossdress and act like a woman and post under his pretend girlfriends name <g>.

_SOLO_ Good kid with a good father. Works hard and really enjoys the sport.

Well that is enough for now. I am sure this was way too long and if I sat for a few more minutes I could make it much much longer.

Bottom line... I can't wait to meet everyone. It will be a blast.

Just be nice - hit me - to me please. I am a really insecure person.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Leave it up to Ivan to take it one... um, fifty steps further.
smile.gif
ROTFLMAO!
I know I left off a bunch, but I could have gone on forever, and that's Ivan's job!

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Hmmmm
Moderators get no respect,even in their own forums
frown.gif

I have the wonderful choice of being
"Cousin IT" or a rather goofy alter ego of Rich Rohrich.
eek.gif

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
You all are just to much. I bet you never forget anything. I will probably be remembered as the fat guy that drove accross the country in a compact car with his mistress errr bike in the seat next to him. She is a sweet girl errr bike though. Jeremy has her suspenders now, so she will be even more fun to ride.

I wont be hard to recognize at the fest I will be the one riding the orange mini bike
redface.gif

Im counting the days.

------------------
More to follow im sure.....

[This message has been edited by 380EXCman (edited 08-04-2000).]

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I'll be the col flagg (from MASH) of the group. "I am the wind by the time you think I am here I am gone"
Now onto image of Gospeed- claims to be a mild mannered lady that works with figures but wished in the forum for a 48in chest. Wonder what kinda figures she really works with!

Spermy pleasr bring the riding pants along even if they are Leopard skin.

Why not have an award for the person who is farthest from everyones mental image

------------------
DAVE
Hey Solo; I am really slow and I hope Ivan is faster
crying.gif

[This message has been edited by oldguy (edited 08-04-2000).]

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
I'll be the guy with a snorkel and scuba goggles on while I ride and a Diver Down flag on my truck, when I am out on the track.

For some reason I actually think Rich looks like his icon. Kinda like when you read Socrates.............How many read So--Crates instead of So--Cra--Tes.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan:
That's not the pic he tells me about...

something about a leapord skin thong and moto boots. Standing all bow-legged, pounding his chest yelling: "Who's yo Daddy! Who's Yo Daddy!

Oooppss, my mistake. That was Thump.

Where did that whole leapors skin thong thing originate?

Okie don't break a hip doing the gyrationss you claim to do.
eek.gif

Gospeed, I can't comment any topic that involves *****cat, but I am not one. i am as mean as a snake and everyone is gonna hate me because I am so arrogant and will not lift a finger to help anyone but myself. Oh yeah I am slower than cold honey on the track too.
tongue.gif

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
AJ - Your options here really seem to be limited
eek.gif

Ivan - You are THE MAN
smile.gif

Actually Pokie looks quite close to my icon after he roosts me and Okie at the OTN
smile.gif

I'm guessing we'll all have a tough time living up to expectations at this point , except for Wardy. It will only take him to the first turn to lap me if he stops to adjust his goggles and do a top end.

MTRHEAD

Oct 26, 1999
Well I'm very shy and have a hard time meeting poeple. So I'm bringing a friend who is very out going and always knows just what to say. He has promised to tell everyone he is me if I take him along.

Me, I'm just going to go hide in the woods with my motorcycle. That is if I get up the nerve to even get out of the van.
confused.gif

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
I'am with MTRHEAD, I"ll be hiding behind the tree next to him
smile.gif

------------------
Jeff Allen
99 RM 125 "Mr Scary"
72 TS 185 "Mr Ugly"
Grand Rapids,MI.
AMA member

Coop

Jan 21, 2000
Well back to the original idea post in this thread
wink.gif

I have met several people I met online. When in Chicago for business I met a guy I race online with. He even let me use his extra CR250 and we went to Joliet and rode. It was cool.

I also met Patman when he was in PA not long ago. He was a very nice guy. We had lunch and he offered me a job in Texas even.

It was very strange both times, but worth it. I've made some good friends. And I do get some very weird looks when I tell people I met someone from the internet. Unfortunatly I won't be at the Spode fest
frown.gif

Coop

Top Bottom