vince

Oct 19, 1999
Anybody know of a place on the east coast that repairs dented exhaust pipes? Preferrably in N.J.
I have used Pacific Crest before but due to there uprising in cost + shipping costs + turnaround time I would rather stay near me.

I have tried the backyard method and it didn't work for me.

Thanks, Vince

Radiator Ron

Dec 8, 2003
I do my own pipes they are easy to do, sharp creases or deep dings may not completely come out, but the major dent will be gone. I do local pipes for $20.00 in pa.

overbore

Dec 24, 2001
Nobody will still tell you how they do it.Shucks I would still think that a
person still wouldnt have the equipment even if they knew how.I guess its
a trade secret.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
vince said:
Anybody know of a place on the east coast that repairs dented exhaust pipes? Preferrably in N.J.
I have used Pacific Crest before but due to there uprising in cost + shipping costs + turnaround time I would rather stay near me.

I have tried the backyard method and it didn't work for me.

Thanks, Vince

I don't know where in NJ you are, but PPR does great work at good prices. They are in Warren county (908.454.8800).

Radiator Ron

Dec 8, 2003
Here's how I do it, I have plugs made for the pipe that seal and clamp so they dont blow out. One plug needs to allow air into it, I use @80-100 psi. Use a torch and start heating the outside of dent and it will start coming out, work it into center. There is a fine line here, get it hot enough to come out, but not melt the pipe. That's it. Please note that you are pressurizing a vessel that is not rated for pressure and has no safety relief, it can be hazardous. I do not recommend the above proceedure to be performed carelessly. Safety precautions should be taken.

Top Bottom