tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
Thinking of going to DiamondBack (Resaca, GA http://www.diamondbacksportscenter.com/ ) this Saturday. I am looking for a low key place ride some MX track (never been on a "formal" track before). Will be going with a scramble experienced friend - but again no MX experience. Any comments regarding this location for this purpose? Anyone interested in joining us?

SpokerAce

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 2000
I've heard good things about DiamondBack but I haven't ridden there personally.

I know there's a group of folks heading to Copperhead in Blairsville on Sunday.

http://www.copperheadmx.com

From the pics on their site, looks like a all levels type track.

I haven't decided if I'm headed up that way yet. Probably won't decide till Saturday.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
well track conditions were great - wish i could have stayed a little longer... instead, i earned my first ambulance ride. broke my upper arm, will get my first pin next week too - landed (at relatively low speed) on handlebar for a blunt force impact break. not entirly sure what happened, just washed out on me in very loose mud/dirt. other riders are the greatest when they find you in trouble... dr commented that my fox airframe either lessened damage or acted as a concentrator of the force to my upper arm / unusual break. wish me luck in surgery next week. guess i need to winterize my bikes - will be summer before i can think of riding again - makes me shiver to think of riding again now as it was such a low speed hit.... gggrrrrrr

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
I feel your pain, I did my ankle in 7 places last Sept. Good luck with surgery and get back on the bike ASAP.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that! Did you have a tough time getting home?

How was the track? The one time I was there it had some huge jumps and seemed more challenging than I needed.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
if you were jumping the jumps - they could be huge. i was simply popping the tabletops about 1/2 way and riding-up, chopping early and riding down the others. i did not feel i had the skills to try SX jumps -- guess i even over-estimated my skill to just ride... thinking of putting a xr70 motor in the crf - that's apparently about right for me...

as for ride home - never go alone... my riding buddy did the driving, i woke 1x in the 2+hr ride home - better living through chemistry. its suprising how little (comparitivly) pain there is even now, most pain comes in the form of a muscle spasm or cramp - but possibly as my riding pal says "gonna be dumb, gotta be tough".

i wonder if my health ins carrier will try going after the track vendor - i hope not. my only complaint is they could use some "emergency planning". no one around and i called 911 for my ride out and 911 would not give me an eta to track... but once emt arrived, they took good care of me.

if i owned a place like that - i would have a yearly (or more) bbq and inservice for local emt/911/hospital/ and other emergency services. as a rider, i am willing to pay extra for on site emergency services too.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
When my insurance company has asked those kinds of questions I make it very clear that the accident was completely my fault and that I would testify to that if they tried to go after the owner. They've never pursued one after that.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
TNRider- sorry about your misfortune. I feel for ya- broke my tib and fib just above the ankle first race of '81 season. That effectively ended my mx career until recently. I hope the arm surgery goes well. Will be praying for ya. I too hope you are better in time for Aonia in early May. take care of yourself, and don't get down about the injury. Happens to the best of us. Just gotta get back on that horse and ride!

Top Bottom