did they lift the ban on brand new 85s

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
Actually Congress recently granted a "stay" to the translation of the bill....meaning it will be debated on and looked at again and until that happens retailers can sell the bikes without breaking any Federal mandates, however the individual state's District Attourney could choose to prosicute a dealer that sells them. Sounds like a bunch of B.S legal mumbo jumbo, but it's a step in the right direction. It all boils down to "translation". The law was never meant to affect these bikes, only to protect kids from all the imported toys containing high levels of leadam our sport is suffering thanks to some left wing liberal who thinks they know what's best for you and your children. She saw this bill as an oppurtunity to persue her own personal vendetta against dirtbikes & ATV's. I spoken directly to my senator here in Louisiana, Rep. David Vitter, and he's assured me that we're on the right path.....things will be changing in our favor really soon. If you go to yourlocal Government's webpage you will find a link to contact your Senator. Do that and tell them how you feel. Leave messages, emails, Sit on hold for hours if neccessary, pull no punches when you do speak to them. Good luck and God Bless !!!

Top Bottom