Differences between 00' and 01' YZ 250?

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
Can anyone tell me the noticable(to the eye) differences between a 2000 YZ250 and a 2001 YZ250?. I need to know because my friend is looking at one. And we not quite to sure about the year. I do know the 00' has the solid blue seat cover and the 01' has the two tone seat cover. What else. The bike has a powder coated frame so you cant see the serial # on the headset. The guy says it's a 01' but it has some 00' parts on it. Is there anywhere to check the #'s out? . The cops arn't up to date and could care less. Any help with this

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
ive been on the wrong end on one of these a long time ago, checked out paint and stickers and thought it was a 89. didnt think to check the vin. turned out to be an 88 and stolen!

dont buy anything without a VIN# you can even get someone on here to run them for you! ask for paperwork (reciepts, title etc) before you buy........it sounds very fishy to me. you can always ask to remove the powder coat where the vin should be and repaint it later... it doesnt see too much daylight anyway. also, feel around the steering stem where the numbers should be, if you feel a flat area, then the numbers have been filed off. at that point decide you dont want it, leave and call the police!

even if it is a killer deal, how would you feel if it once belonged to you!

good luck

Top Bottom