Dirt bike trails within 30miles of Detroit?? Is this wishful thinking?

newbie1

Feb 8, 2009
Hello to all! Just joined, just moved to MI, and just got a new bike!

I am looking for trails or even motocross tracks that may be within 30ish miles of the city (Detroit) as unfortunately my job requires me to live downtown.. any input?

Thanks for the help! :) I look forward to hearing some good news, and maybe even hooking up and riding with some of you :nod:

The newbie1

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Prosource indoor track is in Tecumseh, there's another in Fenton and the Extreme Sports Dome is at Port Huron. Sorry I can't help with the outdoor trails or tracks. I'm sure there are more closer to you.

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
mitattoo said:
I own a track in Jackson. About a hour drive west, right off I-94. Fisher MX track site We are open Thursday 4pm-dark, Saturday 12pm-dark, and Sunday 12pm-6pm starting March 1st.

This is a fun track with reasonable pricing. It is a bit outside your 30 minutes from downtown requirement but well worth the drive.

CJR

Jun 22, 2008
If you live in Downtown Detroit you may want to check into riding in Windsor somewhere. You may find something closer on that side of the river. I don't know of any places off hand but worth checking out.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
mitattoo said:
It's funny how when I post about my track. Someone deletes it. I am giving people a place to ride that is inexpensive and local. You would think people would be happy to have a place to ride. I'm sure this post will be deleted too! I have this track for the love of the sport. If I wanted to make money, I am in the wrong business!

Here is what I originally posted:

I own a track in Jackson. About a hour drive west, right off I-94. Fisher MX track site We are open Thursday 4pm-dark, Saturday 12pm-dark, and Sunday 12pm-6pm starting March 1st.

Is your track free or do you charge to ride there? I think the issue is that if you charge to ride there then you are getting free advertising and thats the problem. If it's free then stat that so no on will jump to any conclusions.

mitattoo

Apr 30, 2008
We accept donations. What does it matter if it cost money? It costs a lot of money to run it! Any place to ride should be good for the motorcycle community! It cost money to trail ride, you have to purchase an orv sticker! I use the internet to promote my track for the riders who have never been there, not for profit. I spent 5-7 days a week at my track working, I will never make enough money to equal the time I put into it. Nothing in life is free!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
well this site ain't free to run either so they have a policy that if you want to advertize on here then you have to pay for it. If you don't want to pay then you cannot promote your business even if it ain't a money maker and is just a passion of yours-it's a business when you charge a fee.. What you probably should have done is put up front that your track is free and that riders can donate money to ride there to help you keep the track groomed etc, but that it's not required. That is how I understand your deal to be and i believe thats Ok to promote here then. I think. And don't shoot the messenger here I'm trying to explain what I understand about why your posts keep disappearing so you know what the deal is. :ride:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
GregB said:
For example, free food at the Ponderosa in Bay City! Just ask for Fred.

People get free food every day, they steal it.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
mitattoo said:
We accept donations. What does it matter if it cost money? It costs a lot of money to run it! Any place to ride should be good for the motorcycle community! It cost money to trail ride, you have to purchase an orv sticker! I use the internet to promote my track for the riders who have never been there, not for profit. I spent 5-7 days a week at my track working, I will never make enough money to equal the time I put into it. Nothing in life is free!

I deleted the posts. It is the rule by the owner of this site.
No freebies please.

Thank you,

Mully

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Ok. It's like this.

I follow the rules set forth by this website. The owner is the one who set the rules and I, as a moderator, follow them. Plain and simple. This site is not free, it costs money to allow "you" as a member to post here, at no cost to you.

Therefore, you post your track "for free" and basically break the rules (no free advertisement), (you are taking in "donations"), so at that point I have to delete your post.

You have been here about 6 months??? Looking back through your history, the only posts you have given this site is nothing but free advertisement for your track. Hmmmm??? Free advertisement??? Maybe if you had participated in more discussion we may have let it slide like some others. Just a thought.

Now, your comment about me or us giving this sport a bad name??!!

I have been in this sport since 1972.
I have been a member of the AMA since 1972.
I am a life member.
I have been a member and or raced in most all of the Districts around Indiana (and then some) since then.
I have given trophies to the Michigan district for the FES. (not to mention helped when I could)
I have been a member of "all" the good organizations as long as I can remember. (too many to list, but I remember sending money to the Fantom Duck of the Desert, "super hunky' and "Louis McCay" Spelling might not be right").
Blue Ribbon
VISTA
ETC.....................
and last but not least, the "Hank Denny Motorcycle Club"

The HDMC has been a small grass root organizations since 1997. Since that time we have given to "non-profit" organizations like : Cancer Research, Boy and Girl Scouts, VA Hospitals, Volunteer Fire Departments, Scholarship Programs, and many others.

So, when you are ready to look at this with out being temperamental, I will listen. The boys and Girls on this part of the forum are my friends. They are the ones that support our sport, and I admire them for all they do.

Send me an email or PM if you wish to further discuss our differences,

Mully

Last edited:

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
First, I have nothing to do with Fischer MX other than that I have ridden there a few times. David (I think, tatoo) is a nice guy. None of this arguement would happen face to face. At least in this case, he didn't start a post to promote his track. He simply answered a question.

Anyway, I don't see the difference between him answering a posted question from someonelooking for places to ride and someone else answering a question regarding pricing of a harescramble or enduro.

Fred: you pimp Lansing Cycle/ Enduro Engineering on here a lot. What's the difference?

Maybe someone should post a list of the sponsors so that we know what events/store can be discussed.

Orangewoods

Jul 25, 2005
You have been here about 6 months??? Looking back through your history, the only posts you have given this site is nothing but free advertisement for your track. Hmmmm??? Free advertisement??? Maybe if you had participated in more discussion we may have let it slide like some others. Just a thought.

Doesn't this pretty much cover it all. (Pimp)??

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
ChrisKring said:
First, I have nothing to do with Fischer MX other than that I have ridden there a few times. David (I think, tatoo) is a nice guy. None of this arguement would happen face to face. At least in this case, he didn't start a post to promote his track. He simply answered a question.

Anyway, I don't see the difference between him answering a posted question from someonelooking for places to ride and someone else answering a question regarding pricing of a harescramble or enduro.

Fred: you pimp Lansing Cycle/ Enduro Engineering on here a lot. What's the difference?

Maybe someone should post a list of the sponsors so that we know what events/store can be discussed.

I believe that if Tattoo and I met we would end up being friends. I don't have any enemies except my "X".

And to answer your question there is a difference between someone saying "go here for this part or that part" and someone "only" posting about or advertising their "fill in the Blank".

One is Spam and is killed immediately, the other is watched; if it becomes a trend then it will be treated as Spam and the poster will be asked to stop.

And with that, could we please get this topic back on track??

Thank you all,
Mully

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
ChrisKring said:

QUOTE]

Bang I'm dead, you just shot the messenger. ( I was helping to explain the forum rules sir.) I believe your generalized statement about me a to be a mostly un true exaggeration any way. Re read my posts about this topic, do you see any attacks on my part towards the OP?? Most certainly not as personal as your post above for sure.

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
Fred T said:
ChrisKring said:

QUOTE]

Bang I'm dead, you just shot the messenger. ( I was helping to explain the forum rules sir.) I believe your generalized statement about me a to be a mostly un true exaggeration any way. Re read my posts about this topic, do you see any attacks on my part towards the OP?? Most certainly not as personal as your post above for sure.

Sorry Fred, I needed an example. I wasn't trying to single you out or say by any means that I minded your post. You are such a good example since you post so much :D That's the problem with the internet, you have no idea of the context I was trying to say it in. Again, sorry for singling you out.

I do think though that Tatoo is providing a service (a riding area open to the public) that people value and should know about. There are not many public places to ride south of 96 let alone way down near Jackson. If you only heard the battles that they have had to deal with. Township, neighboers and even someone setting fire to the truck that they do maintance with. Again, he is a nice guy and lets people that he does know ride on his track. I wouldn't touch that risk liability with no chance of ever profiting with a 10 foot pole.

So just to clarify, Tatoo could post some pics of people riding at his track and engage in discussion and then some spamming will slide. Correct? :ride:

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
oh yeah, back on topic, the other track in Milan is Super Coops or something like that. It's right next to the drag strip and close to the other track in Milan.

tattoo

Apr 22, 2006
I have tried to post pictures from my track and racing, but it won't let me post them? Why is this? I just want everyone in Michigan know that there is a place to ride.

Top Bottom