Dirt trails in Southern lower Michigan???

Discussion in 'Michigan Trail Riders' started by skyboy3, Aug 6, 2004.

1. skyboy3

skyboy3 Guest

Looking for trails close to Detroit Metro area where my boy can get some experience. any suggestions?

2. jackdrinker

jackdrinker Rookie DRN Member

Maumee Ohio, the Mound orv park... private complex in Dundee
  3. WildBill

WildBill Subscriber Mi. Trail Riders

Jackdrinker,

What's in Dundee? When you say private, do you mean someone's house / acreage or some sort of track facility? Here in Howell, I'm always looking for places to ride that are close. I usually run up to a buddy's cabin in the Rose City / Mio area. In fact, just got back last night from a weekend on the trails.

Thanks,
  4. DirtGherkin

DirtGherkin Rookie DRN Member

SkyBoy,
    Try Swanton (Maumee). Good place to clear the cobwebs without losing the little guys. Short trail and not too sandy. My 10 yr old loves it there even though it's not the makings for a major event (5 or so miles I think). Watch the rainy days though. Was sucked into an innocent looking water hole last season up to my bars :yikes: . Lucky for me I ride green and the day was not over. Good luck - if you find something closer to Ann Arbor area, would like to know ...
  5. rxraptor02

rxraptor02 Rookie DRN Member

I ride at the mounds and if you like muddy trails then that the place for you. there are some trails but I think it would be hard on a bike. That would only be about 45mins from howell. just north up 23 to the mt morris rd exit.

I would check out bull Gap or the rose city trail loop. I was on the rose city loop this past winter and it was a blast i want to take the KDX there.
  6. jackdrinker

jackdrinker Rookie DRN Member

the meadows in luzuren are great.. the place in dundee is a private place.. a guy's house/construction office. you pull into the drive and around the pole barn. there is a orange box that says donations for dozer, fish stock and camping.. it has a huge stocked pond and an mx track.. crazy place..
  7. WildBill

WildBill Subscriber Mi. Trail Riders

I agree. The area around the Meadow CG is nice riding. I frequently hit the Southern and Eastern ends of Bull Gap near the meadows staging area, the Rose City and Ambrose loops with the new connector compliments of Bent Wheels and the ride up to Luzerne from M-33. Last ride, we ran the Rose City loop North and connected onto the Meadows up to Luzerne and back on Saturday and then hit Geels N & S on Sunday. Another good 100 mile weekend.

8. I live in temperance and looking for this place in dundee, i know the area, you have cross roads it is near, or an actual address??? could you give me a ring or reply to 734 819 1607 thanks john
  9. Matt R

Matt R Rookie DRN Member

That is the Prebula's place (Perbula or Prebula... I forget the spelling). There is about 3 miles of tight singletrack in the woods and a heavily used mx track that needs repair. It's a fun place for people close by, but not worth a long drive to get there (for those folks up north).

They are located towards the end of Moracco Rd. on the west side of US-23 and it's just south of exit 9 (Summerfield Rd.). The closest intersection would be Bacon Rd. and Moracco Rd.

Note: Due to overuse and total disrespect by some riders, :bang: :bang: the owner will be changing the rules to ride there. From what I heard, you will need to get an "access card" from the owner at his house. This will allow you to get through the gate and go back behind the pond to the riding area.