fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I know that Fred T and I were DW rookies in the Michigan camp. I think it was Elk's first trip also. Who else??
We had a great time meeting new friends and riding our bikes each day. What a vacation!!
Looking forward to next year!
Mike

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Right here!! My first DW, but I can tell you it was a vacation I'll remember for the rest of my life. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard for a week straight and met so many great people.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I had done a ride that was pretty local with a few of the members, but that was my first offical Dirtweek. I was awsome hanging out with everyone. I honestly could not think of a better way to spend a vacation :)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
I was a DirtWeek virgin myself. :thumb:

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
First Dirt Week, First race, First time at Cooperland, First instruction by some pro's, First real grass track,First time watching a nite race(I kinda miss my KDX) and First time sleeping with Copperheads (we slept in a tent about 15 feet from where the Copperhead met his maker)

I can't wait till next year !

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by Milk
I was a DirtWeek virgin myself. :thumb:

Just wait until you get to ride your bike at DW too. There's more to it than walking around on the traills iin the dark in our flip flops spilling beers and airing out the brown star! :thumb:

It gets even better, but meeting you was appreciated. Did your legs get bitten by the picker bush too?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I too was a rookie as well ....
For three months, the question was .... You are going where to do what?
I can safely say that I have never felt sooooo alive in a long time. I had so much fun and really enjoyed meeting everyone and could only wish that I had been able to meet everyone present.
My planning has already commenced for DW 03.
Step One ... learn to ride a motorcycle without falling down. In reality I blame my scooter for being mad at me for not riding it but once since I got it. :)
Step Two ... Organize the menu and the cooking so Camp Tejas still eats like kings but Dave doesn't have to do as much of it.
Everyone was so wonderful to me. I have never had so much fun!

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Well, Im not quite sure what a picker bush is but.......I have poison ivy all over my ankles still. :)

You were more lovely than I had envisioned yourself Factory. :)

Rich250F

Jun 11, 2002
I also lost my DW virginity at Cooperland, and as I always say once the pie has been cut what is another slice, count me in for DW03.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Yo Milk!

You might as well add "The Chocolate Starfish" to your sig line LOL.

So far that is all I have seen anyone IDing you with.

Dude, everyone luv's your BUTT!

Phillip

P.S. IRISHEKU is not to be considered part of 'EVERYONE'.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
You know the drill. Its not so fun the first time, but the more you do it, the better it gets. :) But in this case, it was good the first time!

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
First DW, first time at Cooperland, heck, first time in OK. First race too, harescramble (if you can call what I was doing racing, it was more like not getting in anybody's way). Definitely looking forward to next year. Hopefully I'll see some of you folks in the interim.

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
It was a first for me as well. I enjoyed every minute of it. Yes even cooking for everyone. And I hope to do more of it next year. Maybe camp Texas can spread out some more and we can feed more people. Maybe even have everyone come over one night of Dirtweek 03 and let Camp Texas feed you dinner. :yeehaw:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
It was my first.... and now we can say that all mods have been to one. Yeah... I know.... I'm the SLACKER of the mod squad! But not any more! :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by TwinSpar
Yeah... I know.... I'm the SLACKER of the mod squad! But not any more! :)

PFFFFFTTTTT ... it's gonna take more than a trip to Cooperland to fix that. :moon:

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
My first DirtWeek, not my last. Not my first time at Cooperland, my best! Those of you close enough, we need to help Brownie out by attending the rest of his series, look HERE for the remaining dates and let me know when your going!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich

PFFFFFTTTTT ... it's gonna take more than a trip to Cooperland to fix that. :moon:

As compared to your one trip to Casey???? I see your PFFFFFTTTT and.... well... I guess it's an even match. Rich 1, TS 1. First to DW03 wins the match. Get there early.... You don't want to miss Erkle "the big white grape" getting shamed by a 40+ wannabe. ;)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I was a virgin this year too. Now that I know how to do it, I'm going to practice a LOT.....oh, wait, what are we talking about here??? :eek:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Twinny, wy not just paint some knonnie marks on your nack and helmet now cause Billys gonna put some real ones there next year!:)

I won't repeat what Sarge told me about HIS first race and DW.:think: I am no longer a DW virgin, thanks Okie, I think!:)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Count me as a DirtWeek 1st timer. I was only able to attend for one day, but I am hooked. Next year I plan on being there for the entire week! What a great event and an even greater group of people (yes, even you Elk)!

:thumb:

-jeffd

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Count my crew as first but not last timers. We've already been talking about what we will do different. Mostly bring a huge grill, more food and I'm going to set up a keg-erator since you can get kegs in OK. That should take care of the beer raids. I'll also make sure I order a 55 gal drum of race gas. I went through 20 gallons myself, so I don't see any problem getting rid of the rest.

Top Bottom