Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Please make your suggestions for the annual DW Raffle-Charity this year. We'll narrow the list down, then put it up for a vote. Make it something related to the sport if possible.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
BlueRibbon Coalition

www.sharetrails.org

BRC recognizes DirtRider.net as a contributor and lists donation in their magazine and on their web site. BRC members read about donation, sparks their interest, and they check out DRN. Win-Win.

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
BEEF706 said:
I know he's gonna be there(and I don't wanna embarass him), but maybe the HLG fund could use some more?

ditto

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
oldguy said:
... I say we take donations at gunpoint to up the ante
:|

Maybe a brief sentence describing the overall intent and spirit of the charity / cause would help with the nominations.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Smit-Dog said:
:|

Maybe a brief sentence describing the overall intent and spirit of the charity / cause would help with the nominations.
Sorry smit that was my editorial statement if Gomer has to fight to bring his boys along.

The charity raffle is a very good cause and 100% of the proceeds go to the designated person/charity. The money is collected thru voluntary (my statement aside) purchases of raffle tickets. This is a drawing beyond the daily prizes and I believe every year Briggs and Stratton/Zoomer has stepped up witht the grand prize.

As I said it is a good cause and we like it to reflect our sport

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
What if there were a permanent DRN relief fund?
There are bound to be members of our on-line community that will be in severe situations in the future, and having a relief fund available could be a good thing.
I'm not talking about Joe Blow lost his job at the Steak-n-Shake and can't make his quad payment, but real needs.
Perhaps the mods could form a committee that could manage, vote for distribution of, etc... Maybe former recipients of funding could also be part of the committee?

No matter how good national type charities are, I don't know that they are the best bang for our buck. The relief fund could be 100% utilized for such events, just as Dave has explained the worth of the raffle.

If we have a stellar year and no tragedies, etc...we could have a vote on a wothwhile charity to donate a portion of the fund to each year. Childrens hospitals, VA hospitals (God knows they need it), etc....

Just some food for thought, if that is what thought eats.

Top Bottom