Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Please make your suggestions for the annual DW Raffle-Charity this year. We'll narrow the list down, then put it up for a vote. Make it something related to the sport if possible.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
BlueRibbon Coalition

www.sharetrails.org

BRC recognizes DirtRider.net as a contributor and lists donation in their magazine and on their web site. BRC members read about donation, sparks their interest, and they check out DRN. Win-Win.

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
BEEF706 said:
I know he's gonna be there(and I don't wanna embarass him), but maybe the HLG fund could use some more?

ditto

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
oldguy said:
... I say we take donations at gunpoint to up the ante
:|

Maybe a brief sentence describing the overall intent and spirit of the charity / cause would help with the nominations.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Smit-Dog said:
:|

Maybe a brief sentence describing the overall intent and spirit of the charity / cause would help with the nominations.
Sorry smit that was my editorial statement if Gomer has to fight to bring his boys along.

The charity raffle is a very good cause and 100% of the proceeds go to the designated person/charity. The money is collected thru voluntary (my statement aside) purchases of raffle tickets. This is a drawing beyond the daily prizes and I believe every year Briggs and Stratton/Zoomer has stepped up witht the grand prize.

As I said it is a good cause and we like it to reflect our sport

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
What if there were a permanent DRN relief fund?
There are bound to be members of our on-line community that will be in severe situations in the future, and having a relief fund available could be a good thing.
I'm not talking about Joe Blow lost his job at the Steak-n-Shake and can't make his quad payment, but real needs.
Perhaps the mods could form a committee that could manage, vote for distribution of, etc... Maybe former recipients of funding could also be part of the committee?

No matter how good national type charities are, I don't know that they are the best bang for our buck. The relief fund could be 100% utilized for such events, just as Dave has explained the worth of the raffle.

If we have a stellar year and no tragedies, etc...we could have a vote on a wothwhile charity to donate a portion of the fund to each year. Childrens hospitals, VA hospitals (God knows they need it), etc....

Just some food for thought, if that is what thought eats.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom