Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I want everyone that is willing to post the recipe for the goodies they served at the Dirt Week pot luck (or any other recipe they are willing to share).

Jenny and I have discussed putting together a cookbook and we promise that you will not have to squat over a log fire or stand in front of a 6 foot grill to capture the spirit of the dish.

so ... post them up!!

B

biglou

I'll go first:

Recipe #1, "Peanutbutter w/honey on wheat". Take one jar of Jiff peanutbutter w/honey already blended in, spread liberally onto slice of wheat bread with plastic knife, spoon, or stick from tree. Fold in half. Eat.

Recipe #2, "Styrofoam Plate". Go to grocery store, buy styrofoam plates. Walk over to Camp Tejas. Watch the magic happen... :yeehaw:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Green Chile (at least 8lbs and must be the really good kind only available in NM)
Meat (at least 12lbs any kind preferably fresh)
Garlic (lots of it)
Onions (big ones)
Taters
Salt
Cumin (not too much)

Cook in giant pot, tasting frequently, until done. Don't forget to drink Negro Modelo while watching it cook.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
You aint kiddin Lou. The next morning in the tower bathroom, I was cryin like a little girl. Wes that stuff was HOT!!! :cool:

:( :uh:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
ChopperDave said:
Wes that stuff was HOT!!! :cool:

:( :uh:

Wes toned it down quite a bit from last year ... ;)

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
The chili was great Wes, but for some reason I didn't recieve the second burning.....

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yup Wes finally made some almost manly chilli this year. Needed a litle more heat but overall it was very enjoyable to eat, especially with the tortillas. :cool:

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
Sour Cream Noodle Bake
8 oz. pkg. medium egg noodles, 1 lb. ground beef, 2 tblsp. butter, 1 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp. garlic salt, 8 oz. can tomato sauce, 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup sour cream, 10 green onions 3/4 cup shredded cheddar

Cook noodles according to directions, rinse and drain. Brown meat in butter, add salt, pepper, garlic salt, then tomato sauce and simmer 5 minutes. Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, sliced green onions and noodles. In a 2 qt casserole begin layering the noodle and meat mixture beginning with the noodles and ending with the meat. Top with the cheddar cheese and bake at 350 deg. for 30 to 40 minutes.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Matt, NM residents are exempt from the second burn.

Pat, Andria is responsible for the most excellent tortillas.

Dave, I heard you in there so I stayed out.

Tony, Lou says two years ago was the hottest.

Last edited:

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
It's hard for me to put this down as a recipe....because I rarely "measure" anything while cooking(...sorry, it's a Cajun thing). I generally measure by looking to see how much is in the pot :laugh: Besides I doubt many would be cooking 4 gals. at a time anyway...I'll list the ingredients...you be the judge.

Smoked Pork Sausage
Chicken(leg quarters work best)
Lean Pork i.e. loinchops
Pork tasso

Onions
Garlic
Bell Pepper
Celery
Parsley
Shallots

Salt
Pepper
Tony Chaceries Creole Seasoning

Rice, Bud lite :nod:

Boil chicken to be de-boned and save broth. Cook sausage,Tasso,pork, until tender, then add boneless chicken.Add all vegetables and spices and simmer for 15-20 minutes.The broth(or water) to rice ratio is usually 2:1...yes I do have to measure that. Add broth, Bud lite and bring to boil,add rice and cook for about 5 minutes. Lower fire and cover to steam rice 20-25 minutes. Once covered do not opened to look at,check,smell,etc. until time is up...take it by faith.
Glad everyone enjoyed :cool:

Matt

B

biglou

btw-Best foods of the week in no particular order:
Tony's burgers with those kickass onions
Wes' chili.
The Cajuns' jambalaya.
Breffast buritos.
Pigout BBQ.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i was surprised by the number of people who had never had fried pickles.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
biglou said:
btw-Best foods of the week in no particular order:
Tony's burgers with those kickass onions
Wes' chili.
The Cajuns' jambalaya.
Breffast buritos.
Pigout BBQ.
This list deserves repeating.
With the exception of Tonys burgers, I must have been following Lou around. :yikes:

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
I have to admit, fried pickle scared me at first. But after a 2nd try, they actually tasted pretty good!! What the heck was it for the coating again? I really want to try it at home.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It was that red DirtWeek dirt that added just the right BAM to the pickles.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Wes's chili is awesome!! I scored a second helping when Buko had a bowl, and asked me if it's hot. I smiled and said "yep". She tasted it and dumped the rest in my bowl. :cool:

Midwest Monkey Chili:

1 lb. ground beef
1 16 oz. can dark red kidney beans
1 16 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 small green pepper
Chili powder
Sweet basil

In a skillet, brown the ground beef with diced green pepper and a pinch of sweet basil, drain grease as needed.

Rinse kidney beans. In a pot, bring the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and kidney beans to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add cooked beef/peppers and continue to simmer. Add chili powder to taste. Add other goodies as desired, such as onion powder, onions, garlic, black pepper, salt, jalapenos, hot sauce, other beans, etc. Top with goodies and enjoy! Multiply out to make bigger pots.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Guaranteed chili!
(fool proof)

1 lb. Burger or whatever meat you prefer!
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/2 t garlic powder or if you have fresh well use it!
1 t chili powder
1 small onion
2 cans Ranch Style Beans
2 cans Cambell's Minestrone
1 can Original Rotel
1 jar 16.oz Pace Medium Picante

Brown meat over med heat drain or not, add chopped onion & fresh garlic, cook some more, incorporate salt, pepper, garlic powder (if you didn't have fresh) & chili powder. Add the Ranch Style Beans, after the first can turn up the heat a little and add the rest of the cans one at a time and stir good between them, this is so they don't bring the temp. down to much. finally add the rotel & pace, once it comes to a boil lower temp and simmer, the longer the better especially tomorrow! FEEL THE BURN that comes tomorrow too!

Hot Pants

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 8, 2002
BBQ Pork Sandwiches
4 pounds boneless pork loin, fat trimmed
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) beef broth
1/3 cup French's Worcestershire Sauce
1/3 cup Frank's RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce

SAUCE
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup French's Classic Yellow Mustard
1/4 cup French's Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons Frank's RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce

Slow Cooker Directions
1. Place roast on bottom of slow cooker. Combine broth, 1/3 cup each Worestershire and RedHot sauce. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 5 hours or until roast is tender.

2. Meanwhile, combine ingredients for sauce in large bowl; set aside.

3.Transfer roast to large cutting board. Discard liquid. Coarsely chop roast. Stir into reserve sauce. Spoon pork mixture on large rolls.

Makes 8 - 10

Sorry I missed everyone this year. I hear this was a hit. As you can see it's pretty easy. Hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to seeing you all next year.

Hot Pants

Top Bottom