KingKabong

Aug 30, 2002
I've been reading all the threads, sounds like an awesome time, but, for those of us who don't race, is there enough trail riding to keep you occupied for a week?

It sounds like there will be more trails next year, so that sounds like an improvement. Just trying to plan for next year... ;)

-Eric

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
Don't forget the kids MX track where a lot of "noobies" (large and small) got to experience a MX track for the first time. Just crusin' around. Something for everyone! :aj:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
It's play riding ALL week, just fun races on Saturday. There's plenty to keep you busy with no racing at all.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
You will find yourself so sore from riding that you can't really believe it. Start your planning and be there.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
There's plenty to keep you busy with no racing at all.

Like searching for powervalve parts and hiding out from giant spiders? I am NOT missing next year. Us Itals have to stick together!! I'll bring the grappa :aj:

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Originally posted by Truespode
Most of the riding is play riding... the races were for fun, not serious competition.

Ivan

Yeah right Mister, I would have rather had Thump shoot me with his paint gun point blank ten times between the eyes before not trying to seriously beat Doug :)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Most of the group from Michigan had never been on a MX track. We prefer to trail ride. There were some trails at Cooperland (more next year) and there is a 20 miles enduro loop within 4 miles of DW. We made a daily trip to this loop. By Satuday we had ridden enough that the non MXers enjoyed watching the races.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
KingKabong - I can guarantee you will have a great time, race, ride or neither. I screwed the pooch 20 minutes or so after the rider's meeting on Tueday, hung out all week, and met tons of people and had a wonderful and memorable time. I have the blisters under my armpits to prove it! :eek:
Tony

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Tony, TOO MUCH INFORMATION! LOL!

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
way funny :scream:

I only raced the tag team mx (and that was 1 lap) and I had major fun! Heck, DW would be fun even without a bike!

Last edited:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by billywho

Yeah right Mister, I would have rather had Thump shoot me with his paint gun point blank ten times between the eyes before not trying to seriously beat Doug :)

Ok, next year Thump and I'll take target practice on your rear end using the paintball gun :)

Better yet, we can try and help you out and shoot at Doug next year during the race :eek:

Ivan

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Truespode
Better yet, we can try and help you out and shoot at Doug next year during the race :eek:

From what I can see we'll need a Remington 870 for that chore :eek:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich

From what I can see we'll need a Remington 870 for that chore :eek:

You better make it a 3" bore with Paint Ball Shot :)

Phillip

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Or I could just stop him for an autograph...

... or work on his powervalve. :scream:

... OK that won't work let's see know ...

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001

... or work on his powervalve. :scream:

... OK that won't work let's see know ...

Elkie is the power valve expert. He spend the entire week perfecting the OEM Suzuki set up and finally settled in on some tidy cat bag parts for the ultimate in power to the ground. I think Parts Unlimited is now distributing the "Meow Valve" :confused:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
I screwed the pooch 20 minutes or so after the rider's meeting on Tueday, hung out all week, and met tons of people and had a wonderful and memorable time. I have the blisters under my armpits to prove it! :eek:
Tony

Now I understand why that little puppy was always barking...scared to death of people!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Now Fred - You know as well as I that I was too slow to catch DW02 .... The little sucker was wondering around trying to figure out where you guys went when I last saw him.
Tony
BTW - The doc told me my pins would have little punkin colored balls on the end.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
BTW - The doc told me my pins would have little punkin colored balls on the end.

Oddly enough PatMan was told something similar about his PIN. :scream:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by billywho

No you wouldn't Billy, I still have the bruise.:|

Fred, you kill me. I called the dealer and gave them my rendition as to what happened and told them I used the kitty litter handle and they hung up on me. They musta thought I was the Jerky Boys or something.:):)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Oddly enough PatMan was told something similar about his PIN. :scream:
Kinda' like this :scream:

Top Bottom