Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Guys,

Recieved the email from Bill Smith regarding the upcoming enduro season, in the email it is mentioned that Dist. 15 has been disolved...... :whoa:

Could someone please explain what happened to District 15 ??

Mully

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
From my understanding it was due to a combination of factors...

Last year the D15 Hare Scramble series basically dissolved because several of the D15 promoters opted out of sanctioning their races as D15 events. The Mid-America XC Series became an AMA National series, which exempted them from AMA District membership requirements. So it didn't make sense for the promoters to pay the D15 sanctioning fee. Rider interest waned, and traditional D15 HS events were canceled altogether.

The other part of this involves the lack of cohesive leadership in D15 to build a strong multi-discipline district. While non-profit clubs and for-profit promoters may have a common interest in motorsports competition, they naturally have different motivations and agendas.... Some of which can conflict in the best overall interest of a District.

Sad to see D15 go, as that's never good news for our sport. Without clubs and promoters working well together, we won't have a quality series. Without a quality series, we won't have riders or a Division to help support that series. And without a number of healthy Divisions, we won't have a District which to proudly call our own.

I don’t know the health of other AMA Districts, but from my vantage point D14 is as strong as it’s ever been.

miduc

Jul 28, 2008
so how does the future of the d-15 enduros that d-14 has had on the calender for years affect this? and are they all still holding them in the future ??

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
D15 or no D15, I would hope and think that with continued support by riders, clubs will host enduros in Indiana. Districts 14, 16, 17 also continue to support these events.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom