wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Casey Linclon trail motorsports will use some of there rain dates from febuary and is going to run an NON-POINTS weekend this weekend sat and sunday. this is the 4th and 5th of march.
Then the following weekend they will have another rain date weekend which WILL be d-17 mx points paying.

This weekend looks like it will finally kick off the MX season here in d-17 ILLinios........SUnday march 5th Baileys's motosports park.

This same sunday the 5th will be the first ever race at Sunset Ridge MX in Walnut Illinois. Long time rider Bob Pistole and his family decided to take a practice track they have had for years and have a few races.
more info on that located here
http://www.megacross.com/tracks/pistole.html

anyway hope everyone gets out this weekend and starts off there season with a great ride!!!   OH DID I tell ya i got my A/F 500 today!

wardy

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I thought I felt the earth shakin'round here. Must be Wardy breaking in the aluminum  BIG BOY.

James980

Dec 29, 1999
Wardy,

Has there been much talk about the rules for the vintage class in D17? It just seems to me that allowing anything over five years is a little lenient if the point is to get people with non-competitive bikes to the races and/or increase the variety of bikes at the races.

I think it would be cool to see something along the lines of an evolution class-type breakdown, where they put air-cooled bikes in one group, water-cooled but drum brakes in another, etc. Obviously, turnout would be a big determinant as to what could be done, but you could start with the most recent innovation (for example, a class for anything with drum brakes), and go from there. Perhaps a five-year rule also could be run to keep guys from going out there on a 2000 TTR225 or something.

Heck, if the bikes could be different enough from the new scoots, I would consider even buying a second bike (say, an 85 YZ250) to race in an old bikes class. As it is now, I would gain little variety from purchasing a 1995 model to race when it's not going to be *drastically* different than my 00 CR250.

James

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
we have found over the last ten years that if we make the bikes older riders dont' race them enuf to make the class viable. I think a track or two out there would be receptive if a bunch of guys get together and make a class. The main reason for the 5 yr vintage deal is more to help the entry level rider that can't shake 6k for a bike. Its not really a class that is named right but i don't think many riders would like the word's NON-Current on thier awards jacket! lol.

wardy

James980

Dec 29, 1999
Obviously, experience has shown what works, and 10 years of it shows the current setup is best. I guess I was just looking at it from the standpoint of a rider in the "modern" classes and what it would take to get me to consider adding the "vintage" class to my schedule. But if you're trying to attract *new* riders as opposed to leveraging the current crop, then the five years and older approach probably is best.

James

Top Bottom