• YES
  • NO

:nener:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Jay, I got a smoking deal on an x-ring chain ($20!!!) so it's on my bike right now. As you may remember I am a long standing o-ring dis-enthusiast and have had very good luck with non o-ring chains when properly cared for.

One of my hang ups with o-ring chains is that you can blow water and muck passed the o-rings when being over zealous with the pressure washer. So I’m going to try and NOT do that with this chain and see how long I can get it to last.

The next chain will more than likely be a non o-ring

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
No matter what kind of ring chain, it sucks your wallet dry and robs acceleration. It does omit regular chain maintenance though! I do not need the speed, as bad anymore, but it sure is fun once in a while! And I am cheap! You really notice it on smaller bores. Some of the big bore trail bikes come with them stock? A 250 mx smoker with a pipe, silencer and running race gas, with an o-ring chain, is a little counter productive to say the least. Clean and adjust after every ride, or hire someone to do it for you. Vintage Bob's mobile chain service, 150 dollars an hour, plus drive time and gas.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
For my application (50+ mile trail rides in the mud and sand on a bike with decent power), ring chains do NOT suck.

If I rode 5 lap motos in the Lites class on a groomed track, a ring chain would certainly suck.

So for me, No, they don't suck.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I ran an RK x-ring on the 250f, it did not suck........and I couldn't tell a difference between that and a standard chain while riding.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
With the back tire up in the air/on a stand. Spin the back tire by hand. How long does it spin? 5~10 revolutions, good.
I ride a Suzuki now Bob.....it won't do that with the chain off! :nener:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom