Does any1 know the max weight capacity of an XR100??

XRider1234

Jan 29, 2005
Wassup? I'm 14 and I just started riding. I'm a big guy and I weigh about 210 lbs. I bought a 2000 XR100 but i don't know how much it can handle. I don't want to thrash my springs, or bend my spoles, etc.
If anyone has any info, or even a guess, reply to this!

Thanx! :ride:

jolyn

Oct 17, 2002
your wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to big for it ..... you need a xr250 atleast if u want a 4 stroke play bike... and yes you will trash yur springs and spokes

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
For backyard playing/racing it will be fine. Even for a leisure trail ride, it will take you most places you want to go. However, you will bottom it out on big bumps, and if you leave the ground very often, you will thrash the suspension. My friend is in his mid-40s and he bought 4 XR100s and we used to race them through a little course we set up in his pine trees on his lot. We had a blast.. kind of like mini racing, but we did not have any jumps at all. I agree... you should find yourself an XR200 or XR250...should not be that much more. If you have more money, you can get a CRF230. None of them will be any more powerful for you than an XR100 would be for someone it was designed for (90 - 150 lbs or so).

W00TsP0P

Jan 18, 2005
not sure exactly but the number 145 comes to mind. that is what i recall as the factory recomended max rider capacity. but i have seen some really heavy dudes test the limits of Honda's engineering.
i have been on my sons many times and riden it hard and i am for sure above the capacity. the only time we suffered some broken spokes was when my son thought he was one of the X games freestylers. then again if you dont keep them tight they will break, and if you go beyond the factory recomended capacity you do take that chance

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I'm 160 and have ridden our little 100 from time to time. It'll take the abuse, but if you ride it hard over rough terrain or are jumping it, the frame will stretch and the spokes will definitely loosen up and eventually break. Get a 200 (at the minimum) or preferably a 250.

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
Hmm...i picked up a 94 xr100 cheap...almost got it running now. I bought it with my wife and kids in mind, but you know Im gonna ride it too~! (265 lbs) Ill try not to "bust" any "sick air" on it!
(bust a tire maybe!)

Danrsvr

Jul 21, 2004
I am 300 pds. I race my XR100, mini motard. :yikes: Buchanan’s sells heavy duty spokes for it, and I got a works shock for it. I defiantly test the limits of the bike, but so far, so good.

Brandonator24

Jul 13, 2015
I'm 16 and weigh 150 lbs. I got an xr100 when I was like 11 and still ride it. It rides fine but you can hear it (over the sound of the engine) bottoming out if I head a jump 10 plus feet or 5 plus to flat. So 210 is probably not the best idea unless you are doing real basic stuff. Great bike though.

Scott Cassidy

Nov 16, 2015
If you're just learning, go nuts, plan to upgrade in a year or two, I bought a xr100r for my wife, its perfect for her but there are so many more comforts to a slightly larger bike (including not feeling the rough gravel roads through the narrow front tire). you can use that xr100 to get really comfortable with the sport in general and then upgrade once you have mastered that little thing... you know whats fun, not being afraid of your bike.

the wieght is probably not an issue for one or two seasons and regardless of your weight you'll want to upgrade in a couple years for oa number of other reasons, we all want another bike eventually.

having said that Im 260lbs and i have put the little xr100r through a couple casual trail rides with the nephews and its held up to my weight just fine, torque wise it had all the power got through the muddy spots and over a few big tree branches, no jumps! all i could ask for out of a bike i was too heavy for. when i didnt have my own klr250 with me.

for what you bought, enjoy the crap out of that thing and plan to upgrade in a year , two tops.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom