Does anyone know how the '06 models stack up?

carlbielke

Jul 4, 2002
Has anyone heard any comments regarding the new 250 2-strokes or even ridden one?

The press seems to like the Suzuki, the Kawasaki and the Yamaha so far.

I'd love to buy one, they're a dying breed but I'll always prefer the 2-stroke for these reasons:

Cheaper rebuilds, I can do it myself
The smell
The sound
The hit

Seems Eric Gorr has his hands full with broken 4-strokes, I'll consider buying one when they're as reliable as the 2-strokes.

Kevin003

Jul 5, 2005
From what i have heard and read, the RM 250 seems to be like the best bet right now. Ive also heard very good things about the YZ. If i had to rank them based on what ive been able to dig up i would go in this order.

1. RM250
2. YZ250
3. KX250
4. CR250

YFZRob

Aug 2, 2005
I purchased a left-over 05 RM250 mainly because I got a $1000 off and the changes for 06 were minimal. All I can say is WOW about my 05!! The handling, motor, suspension, and erogonomics are fantastic! I think for the most part you cannot go wrong with any of them, but if you had your pick, I'd grab a RM or YZ. All of the recent reviews on 05 and 06 250cc 2 strokes give the overall nod to the RM250 mainly for it's "complete" package right out of the box.

Britt Boyette

Aug 16, 2004
It all depends on who's magazine you read. Dirt Bike loves the RMs, Dirt Rider loves the KX, etc... They are all better than most people here could ever use, myself included.

Top Bottom