Under_Score

May 11, 2000
Well I have a 1987 YZ 250 and Something just doesn't feel right when I am standing up. I do not know what it is I was kinda hoping you guys could help me. It might just be me since I never had a bike that had such an uncomfortable seat haha :) So what do guys think will help me? How should IU adjust my levers so they are comfortable standing and sitting. Ohh and all I do is trail ride nothing else.
......Under_Score

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Get someone to help you. Put your bike on a stand. Climb aboard, close your eyes and put your arms out to grab the bars/levers (as though you're riding). Get the person to then adjust the bars as close as possible to this position.

For the levers, adjust them so that there is no bend in your wrist when using them, so your lower arm is straight. They should be inline with the forks, but if you find it more comfortable at another angle, give that a go.

Don't forget to tighten up all the bolts you losen off or you could be worse off ;)
My 02c - hope it made sense
Michelle

Under_Score

May 11, 2000
It made perfect sense. Thanks for the help I will give it a try. I guess I better try and make a stand or something because all I have it a triangle stand. I guess I could use it.
...Under_Score

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
It's a good idea to not tighten your lever purches too tight so they can rotate in a fall, this will keep the levers from braking as easily. With that in mind, while riding you should be able to move the levers to the most comfortable position, just don't leave them too loose.

------------------
"Nature Boy"

Under_Score

May 11, 2000
Ya I do that also. I guess I probably just have to adjust my handle bars or soemthing i guess. That must be it something just seems really uncomfortable when I stand up for some reason but tomorrow I will try a few things.
....Under_Score

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
I tried emailing you, but think my connection was playing up at the time (does it often). If you trailer your bike to your riding area, you could just put it on there instead of a stand - just so long as it's secure & upright. Otherwise a box will do :)

Under_Score

May 11, 2000
Sorry I better change my email address. I think my email provider isn't working anymore. Umm I got a new one I am not even sure if it is working yet. You can try me at Under_Score@ematic.com. Sorry about that. I do not have a trailer anymore I ride from the back of my house. But I will find something :)
......Under_Score

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Try rotating the bars farther forward, adjusting the levers so they face farther down, also make sure you adjust the throttle assembly so it's easier to open the throttle when standing. Another thing you may have to do is adjust your shift lever. Good Luck.

Top Bottom