sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
anyone ever install the dp clutch kit in a ktm rfs? i installed the kit last night and it seemed thicker than the stock and now my clutch doesnt work? am i supposed to leave a couple disk out?

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
stock steel plates are 1mm and the dp kit comes with 4 - 1mm and 4 - 1.4mm thick steel plates. which i guess are so the clutch wont get as hot. dp said they have never had anyone ever have one not fit. they are sending me 8 - 1mm steel plates, this should take care of this problem.

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
yeah i am not sure what the deal is but it just wont fit the stack height is to much. dp said they have never had any problems. i talked with a few ktm techs and they both ask me why i didnt get the stock clutch kit. i figured the dp kit was better. i wonder if the sx clutch basket is different than the exc?

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
dp sent me 8-1mm steel clutch plates to fix the problem. i installed 6 of the standard 1mm thick plates, and 2 of the 1.4mm plates, and it works perfectly. the reason i installed the 2 thicker plates was in hopes that this will keep my clutch cooler, and add alittle weight to the clutch also, seems noticable.

Top Bottom