Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
MXcarzy8080...
Nothing against CTi, but...

When was the video made? Do you know? (hint... the fox jersey RC is putting on is from 1999, possibly even 1998)
When were the Cell's introduced? Do you know? After 1999? After 2000? 2001?

Does RC still ride the Kawi in the video?

Not baggin' on ya, just making a little point; just because you see a video of something, doesn't mean it's current.

MXcarzy8080

Feb 26, 2003
lol ya i noticed that too... just thought i would p[ost it tho cuz all u guys r talking about hecause they hav the sticker on ther helmet they got the braces.....i hav seen pics of Jean Sebastian Roy and he has had CTi² and Asterisk stickers on his helmet.......at the same time (if i could find the pic i would show u guys)

mckenney

Jan 13, 2003
Originally posted by KXaggerator
I have a EE width foot, and my favorite pair of work boots have a EEEE width. Do any of your testers have wide feet? I an disappointed that FOX chose to bow out of the testing. I have a new pair of Forma Comp's still in the box, I have tried them on once and they feel too narrow compared to my old Gaerne's. I'm afraid I am going to have to put them on the For Sale board. :(

Unfortunately, I have the same dilemma, a 4E width and also wear Gearne boots that have seen there day. Recently, I conducted my own research based on several articles on line, my stacks of mx mags, and also a trip to a bike shop where I physically tested boots. To add to your resolve, the new Sidi Force boots offered a good width, which will add to the short list of boots available to the "Gorrila Footed". I read the excellent articles (2), here at DRN, on the high end Sidi boots and agree, they are well designed and aesthetically appealling! Like it said, "the necessity of the SRS model is really SX (very stiff sole)." So save your self a few bucks and forego the SRS model (easy remove sole). As for myself, I got out bid on a pair of non-SRS soled boots listed on ebay (not listed as often as other brands) so as of now I have my eyes on a pair of Gaerne RX 2's, one model down from the SG1. If I had the extra money, the super exoskeleton designed SIDI boots would be sitting in MY gear bag!

Ollie Fmx!

Feb 11, 2003
I was just wondering about the edges......
I have been given a sponsorship option, where i can get a pair of edges for the price of one, but I still feel unsure, even after reading the BEST bloody test article that I have read anywhere, thanx DRN. Could someone help me out, and tell me should I go for this great deal, or get the Cells (which I really like the look of). Oh, yeah, i do fmx by the way, just thought it would be important.

Ollie Fmx!

Feb 11, 2003
Oh yeah, two other things:
Are Asterisk Cells availaible over here (the uk)? and if so, where?
Are innovation sports the same company that make Asterisk? Thanx (again)
:)

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by Ollie Fmx!
Oh yeah, two other things:
Are Asterisk Cells availaible over here (the uk)? and if so, where?
Ask Billy in the Asterisk forum for that answer or send an e-mail to bradf@asterisk.com

Originally posted by Ollie Fmx!
Are innovation sports the same company that make Asterisk? Thanx (again)
:)
Yes and no. They are both owned by Jim Castillo but Asterisk is a separate company. Innovation makes medical devices, Asterisk does not. Asterisk uses the same technology and newer technology to make braces that they market to the consumer. They are not sold as a "medical device" therefore they are more affordable for the masses.

Hope it helped

Ollie Fmx!

Feb 11, 2003
Thanx Thump
I've gotten the Edges anyway, and they are great. I can see how the Asterisks are better, and wish I could have gotten them. But I wanted some good customer support, and I have alot of that from James and Tim at Technology in Motion (the UK branch of IS). Thanx anyway.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by hanh 26l
is sidi better then Alpinestars Tech 8
No way anyone can answer that for you. They are both great boots but their design differences make them a personal choice. If I picked my favorite it may vary from yours because of many factors- foot shape, riding style, terrain, and on and on. The reviews only attempt to convey the users feelings but no way make a better then X brand statement

DJwag83

Jun 22, 2003
I too have wide feet. EE. What are the boot choices besides for these mentioned? Also are we going to see some tests for the under $200 boots out there?

May 10, 2010
I have a question about the Asterisk Cell Knee brace. This site seems to be the only site with in depth reviews of knee braces and comparisons to the CTI2.

9 Years ago, I tore my ACL and Medial Meniscus in a pickup football game.(dumb!) I was prescribed a custom CTI2 which worked very well for the last 8 years.

Back in March(I live in NY) we had a bad storm and we were evactuated from our apt. When that happened, I dislocated my knee and felt both the ACL and Meniscus tear again.

I am an AVID softball player and up until now, the CTI2 was doing it's job. This past Sunday, the CTI2 gave way and my knee dislocated again while wearing the brace. It was adjusted correctly, and I'm within 5 lbs of the weight I was when I got the brace, so I know that size wasn't a problem.

I'm now concerned about the CTI2 and I have since ordered an Asterisk Cell which arrived today.

I'm sorry for the long preface, but does anyone have any experience using the Cell for any sport OTHER than Motocross? Softball, football, etc? Any advice on this brace would be greatly appreciated and an immense help.

Thanks in advance, -Phil

Top Bottom