RECENT POSTS

DSP Pipe 250F report

steve125

Lifetime Sponsor
To me stock is ok, the DSP shares the same canister as the FMF. It's much louder than stock.

If sound is a issue for you. The DSP system might not be for you. It is deffinatly louder than stock. Ecspecialy in the bottom.The pipe seems to quiet down noticeably on top though. This obviously isnt the best choice for enduro guys needing to meet certain sound levels. HS guys with no sound limit will find the power very usefull. I have to admit 21/2 hours of riding is hard on the ears, but I'm sick like that I'd go deaf just so i could go as fast as possible.
has anyone tried a aftermarket header with the stock muffler? I'll do some research and see what the pipe maker says. I'll let you guys know. Jimmy J.

bassfool

Lifetime Sponsor
Has anyone tried the dsp pipe with the stock airbox? curious as to how much is gained without the spendy airbox. DSP says the pipe will add 3-4 hp, the airbox another one hp. but am curious to hear if anyone has tried this.

------------------
growing old fast, riding slower, yz250f

Bassfool, one of the tech guys at dsp said that the air box does give you another pony. However The pipe with the stock air box will increase hp to 3-4 ponies. They tested this with and with out the air box, and got the same results from the Pipe. The air box is much larger in over all mass. This increases air volume. Making you thottle response much quicker. The air box gives you that 2 smoke whip back. You can snap your throttle in high gears with out a bobble, pulling all the way to the top. Is it worth $499? you betcha! I gave up some groceries to buy it. I need to lose another 10 pounds anyway. Buy the Pipe and try it. Get the air bow later if you think you need it. A DRN member in florida is going that route. Just rember It's loud!!
Ever Ride a Harley with drag pipes??!!

Using a aftermarket header wont work with a stock muffler. The Pipe diameters are all to large for the stock muffler. DSP,FMF,and WB will all be louder than stock. I cant tell you which one is the quietest out of the three. But I bet its not DSP.:@

Is there an HP graph for the DSP pipe vs. Sock somewhere? I couldn't find one on the DSP site.

I read that FMF is soon to release their pipe and silencer in titanium also. If it is the power bomb model, it might be a little quiter than DSP. How do their numbers compare though?
Bill