Dual Sport conversions in Georgia???

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
Hey Georgia Folks -

I have a friend who lives North of Atlanta and has a DRZ250 and a TTR225.

Can he convert these to street legal and get them plated in Georgia?

Thanks!

snaggleXR4

Aug 5, 2001
Hey,
A good friend of mine bought a used XR400 up North of Atlanta. The guy had it tagged and titled, but only had a mirror, modded stock brake light and a little battery powered bicycle type horn. The guy said it was for riding in the mountains, and on forest roads. He talked about it like it wasn't fully street legal, but he did have a title and plate. It appears that there was no inspection, due to lack of DOT lights, tires, etc... In Florida, I'm out of luck, but I've heard about calling Vermont and they will send you a title in the mail. Give it a shot in Georgia, I'm interested in seeing if you can get fully street legal, and if I could come up from out of state and get my bike titled/tagged.

HGilliam

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
I tagged my wife's TTR125L before it ever had lights installed. It wasn't a problem out here in Walton Cty. But they wouldn't tag her GasGas Pampera because they didn't like the MSO being handwritten instead of typed. I tagged it in Vermont and returned the MSO to the importer requesting a typed MSO. We'll see how they act this time around! I think a lot of it depends on the people behind the counter at the tag office you go to. I've never had any inspections or had an officer look twice at any of our bikes.

Tell your friend to give it a try. If it fails go to WDSRC.com and get the info on the Vt tag and title application.

Good luckk
Howard

Top Bottom