Plangton

Jun 17, 2019
Hello! Im doing top end rebuild on my kx250f, and when i removed the cylinder a small amound of dust drizzled down into the bottom end on the cranck from the cylinder gasket.
You thing some of it will come out with oil if i flush it through like 2 times before i start it? Or are the seals and bearings doomed down there and my new cylinder..
(Not a lot of dust, but still...)

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Your best bet is to get a air compressor and a air nozzle and blast it all until its all gone. Then come back with some break and parts cleaner to get all the residue out. Lightly oil all lower end coponents, add oil, run it a little, drain replace filter and add fresh oil and you "should" be ok. You didn't specify if it was a ton of dirt or what, so im going on what you said...

Plangton

Jun 17, 2019
Your best bet is to get a air compressor and a air nozzle and blast it all until its all gone. Then come back with some break and parts cleaner to get all the residue out. Lightly oil all lower end coponents, add oil, run it a little, drain replace filter and add fresh oil and you "should" be ok. You didn't specify if it was a ton of dirt or what, so im going on what you said...
Okey.. was kinda hoping to awoid opening the bottom end.. it wasent much... could fit the dust on a needle head

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Okey.. was kinda hoping to awoid opening the bottom end.. it wasent much... could fit the dust on a needle head
Oh that's not much, don't split the cases, not necessary. Just turn on your compressor, and blow it out with a air nozzel attachment, it should all blow out. Then change your oil 2 times and you should be ok....

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom