Well, Dave... add two more:

Nikki #102
Red (Reddog is his DRN name) #2

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
It's not too late to reserve a number, is it? We've already registered, but my dad (XR Guy) doesn't have a number yet. If its not too late, he'd like 76 :)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Just curious how many people actually ran the numbers thay registered during the races.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I did. Didn't do me any good though.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
following can be stated:
a- most folks did use their reserved numbers
b- some who reserved numbers never attended DW
c- some came with different numbers (and different bikes)
d- many never reserved a number and did not declare one in their registration forms, nor at the time of race pre-registration at the tent
e- there was no real attempt to reconcile the "reserved" numbers with the ones on the registration forms.
f- HOWEVER, I was able to identify quite a few riders by using the pre-registration forms and the "reserved numbers" thread after the event!!! (but we still could not identify about 3 Jr riders)
g- some showed up at the starting gate without being pre-registered for a specific race...
In view of the above, things will have to be different next year as this caused some mismatching of race results....
As a minimum next year the races cant start until we have everyone at the starting gate recorded with a name, screen name and number: accurate and 100% pre-registration on-site will be key to a smooth racing sequence...
then there is the issue of "who qualifies for A,B or C?.... definitions will be clearer and published beforehand.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I think I have proven the old 46m, beyond a doubt, eligible for C class racing. Can we have a D class next year. :)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by VintageDirt
Can we have a D class next year. :)
A "D" class should be designated for the "D"isabled due to DW injuries. Maybe a side car race is in order. ;)

B

biglou

Pokie-I think what you are talking about is what we refer to as a "Gate Sheet". You are called to the gate/start line from the registration sheet. If you aren't on the sheet, or you don't have the correct number, it can be corrected at that point, and hopefully changed in the scoring system without too much trouble.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I call #214 for next year!;) Where's the reg form?:)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
All the people that beat me this year need to move up to the 'B' class next year. :)

'D' class sounds good, but 'D' should stand for 'Decrepit'. :thumb:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
All the people that beat me this year need to move up to the 'B' class next year. :)

'D' class sounds good, but 'D' should stand for 'Decrepit'. :thumb:

I'm with you Larry, just rename it the DT class, "Dirt Torpedo", that'll be me :)

Phillip

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
JP, if all the people that beat you last year have to move up, you'll be the only one racing and probably with any luck, we'll grab the holeshot AND finish first!:):):moon:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
There will still be a C class, but it'll just be me and 2 other guys. The way I ride, I'll STILL finish 4th.

It's all about spin, Elk. Every time I talk to Mom I tell her the same thing: "There were 800 people there, and I got THIRD." Mom thinks I'm really fast.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Sounds like my conversations!!:):) (except for my accent)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Alright, who the heck is putting words in my mouth.:| Someone behind the scenes, creating havoc again.

Gomer, I'll just submit, you're the fastest rider in the world, please don't tickle ME!!

Top Bottom