Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Possibly the most significant improvement we made this year was the FLAGGING effort supported by two-way radios. A total of 66 indidivuals signed up for duty, many for 2 or 3 or more time blocks of 2 hours... The following is a rough statiscal picture covering Tue, Wed, Fri and Sat (somehow Thursday's record cannot be located and may distort the numbers)
Individuals doing 4-5-6 slots:
----------------------------------------
Hogwylde (record of 6)
Vintage Dirt
Motohead
KAV
Beef706
MXSPARX
MrMXer
PStout

Individuals doing 3 slots:
----------------------------------
DougRoost
Roost
DLeFleur
ETappan
Paula Salisbury
PapaKeith
RV6Junkie
YZDave
DaveKTM
Dennis T (Okie's uncle)
Char (Mrs Chili)
DrMike

Individuals doing 1 or 2 slots:
----------------------------------------
KCHusky
BlueThunder
CRSwade
SRKX
Darran
Pettigrew
EAdams
JeffDirt
XR3J
DWreck
MPearson
Tree
ELK
JEeds
Tony Eeds
Motometal
Freeman
Steve S
Beim
MikeB
Corey W
AJ Waggoner
Mully
Nikki
Okie
Pokie
W. Pattison
MSnook
Squeaky
LoriKTM
MidHigh
OldGuy
J. Clanton
BWells
DNorby
Blondebike
K Johnson
Bat
Bates
Gnarlykaw
Grady
StanFleming
JGinster
Evenslower
MDKuder
McMahon
Chili
Lazyboy
RedDirt
RParkhurst
Lucas
M Carpenter

Again, my apologies to those who did duty on Thursday.... we had an impressive group of people, but considering that we need 12 during Saturday, we will need more individuals next year..... but not a bad first effort. HOPEFULLY we prevented a few 'accidents' from happening....

THANKS TO ALL

but special thanks to Dr Mike who not only attended the 'fallen' riders, but even found time to do flagging duty...and AJ hopping around on a "bad" knee...

Last edited:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Yeah, KC Husky, Blue Thunder and myself were some of the Thursday crew, along w/ Dr. Mike

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It really made the whole week A LOT safer! Kudos to everyone of the flaggers!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
For what it's woth, PStout, MrMxer and myself did 4 slots of 2 hours each (1 to 3pm everyday except Saturday). I didn't feel as though I "gave up" time at DW, rather I gained more than I gave. I plan on doing the same next year.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
rv6junkie said:
I didn't feel as though I "gave up" time at DW, rather I gained more than I gave. I plan on doing the same next year.

As Charlene and I arrived to do another shift on Thursday Pokie asked Char "how many shifts have you done already?" Since he had seen her a few times previously. I explained that LazyBoy and I appreciate flaggers when we are out there so we should be holding the flags a few times ourselves. I am certain that having flaggers in position with radios got LazyBoy assistance as quickly as possible and for that I am very grateful. A big :thumb: up to all who flagged.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I hope having the special flagger prize drawings each night helped a little to show how much we appreciated everyone donating some time to watch out for others.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
again, my apologies if the "count" above is not perfect (due missing Thursday roster).... (I did have to guess at some names due to handwriting worthy of a medical doctor...)... but will correct as I become aware of the facts...

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Yes a BIG thanks to everyone who pitched in. It was a huge success.... As soon as an announcement was made at the riders meeting that we needed flaggers for the day... the slots were filled in 2 min! I know there were a few people who stayed more than their 2 hour shifts.. I tried to get them to come in.. but they wouldnt hear of it... they stayed on until we found a replacement!

thanks again everyone! Maybe we can try 1 hr slots next year since this year went so well!!!!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Crispy said:
Maybe we can try 1 hr slots next year since this year went so well!!!!

I think 1 hr slots would be more favorable but I also understand that means twice as many slots to fill and more organizational headaches.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
....zactly..... especially if we have 12 spots on Saturday; Kris Brown even uses 15 on race day!

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
I found it to be ALOT of fun out there with a camera! Station six was shaded most of the day. Next year, i'll venture to a new spot.

Top Bottom