EA sports freestyle ad!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Please dont think i am trying to be a stick in the mud, but i saw the EA sports "Freestyle" commercial last night.

given the current CLIMATE (sorry for the pun), i dont think dudes doing stunts on dirtbikes with back drops of buring forest and scared bunnies will do us many favours!

good move, from EA sports standpoint though, i suppose if everywhere get closed down, all we will have left to do is play computer games!

wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
My sentiments exactly. They show a peaceful forest setting with a cute little bunny, then a loud, mud spewing, forest burning dirtbike rips onto the scene.

Thanks, EA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :|

MoO_coW

Jul 14, 2000
Wow...that one hurt right here *pats heart* :silly: There was a post like a week ago on this, thats why I said it...so simmer down some :think:

Last edited:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i never saw the other post so i appologise, to be honest the ad didnt really bother me personally, i just thought it was a bit short sighted considering all of the riding areas that keep getting shut down.

moo, i couldnt understand what you were saying but now i do. please speak slooooowwwweeeer in the future so i can understand!:)

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
I saw it last night and was pissed off. Especial from California where the greenies are trying so hard to close EVERYTHING.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
exactly my point, when there is knowhere to ride, what will we have left? computer games!

its kind of ironic (or maybe just wierd) that they sponsor the supercross

SDougherty

Nov 7, 2001
I am trying vision how anyone involved with the off road motorcycle industry could support tis type of marketing........including the freestyle folks. Maybe they were never given the chance to preview it.
Makes you wonder who is running EA Sports and what their agenda is........ ....Hmmmmmm

KTA

Jul 14, 2000
I just saw it last night, and although i doesn't help the dirt biking community, It makes the game look really cool. So i would say, the head of EA Sports knows what they are doing.

FoxRacing023

Mar 29, 2002
c'mon how many of u guys wouldnt wana rip throught a quiet forest and scare all the "cute lil bunnys" that would be fun if there werent enviromentalists and ............police

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by FoxRacing023
c'mon how many of u guys wouldnt wana rip throught a quiet forest and scare all the "cute lil bunnys" that would be fun if there werent enviromentalists and ............police

I really don't see the fun in that... I like the rabbits and deer I see when I'm out riding and I really feel no need to scare them. I also see no need to run over frogs and toads like so many people do down here in Houston... It's sick really, you should be nice to the bunnys and frogs...

Lee W.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
It would have been cooler if all the riders were wearing helmets. :think:

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
It would have been cooler if all the riders were wearing helmets

Then you wouldn't be able to tell that they layed out lots of cash to nab real riders and license them.

I don't see what the big deal is, it's an add. If you don't like it close the magazine. If you are affraid that someone will think badly of the sport, who cares if they are that shallow minded let em. :D

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
It's not just a print ad. I'm talking about the TV commercial that airs every 12 minutes.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Contacts at EAsports Advertising

Electronic Arts Sales Offices

Electronic Arts - Headquarters
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065

Beth Larson
Vice President Sales

Charlie Cooper
Director of Sales, In-Game Advertising

East:
John Horton
Regional Sales Manager/East

Midwest
Lisa Diamandakis
Director of Sales/Midwest

West
Julie Shumaker
Director of Sales/West

Last edited:

tommyboy

Jun 22, 2002
i have to admit i think the commercial is cool to in a way but it pis*es me off because the epa will get the impression that all riders want to do is mess up "mother nature" and then they will start saying the riders scare animals away from there habitat and pretty soon we wont be able to ride in any place exept private land

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
It's really no worse than some of the first person shoot-em-up games out there! I really wouldn't be too worried about who the commercial sways one way or another---the greenies already have their minds made up, and John Q. Public just needs to have a favorable interface with all of us real riders whenever we meet up with them. :D

SDougherty

Nov 7, 2001
The greenies are not the problem. Its the soccer moms in their mini vans and everyone else who has never riden a dirt bike and never will. Its a fine line between perception and reality and there are way to many arm chair enviromentalist that will decide our future. Come on guys we need a posative image.........EA Sports is doing a diservice to the sport!

Byrd Man

Aug 24, 2000
I haven't seen the TV commercial but I have seen the print ad several times. The first time I saw it I could't believe that ad was printed. It made me sick to think what others would think of our sport if the add fell in to the wrong hands. Talk about giving the greenies some ammo! :|

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Well, as far as the ad goes, It's not in the best of tastes, however I did rent the game and it is a very fun game to play and at no point do you chase animals,nor does the forest burn down.

I think the ad is just a weak attemped to tell the young'ins just how hot this new game is.

And it still doesn't come close to MCM 2

A little side note here; I bet there is plenty of green offsprings out there whose parents are closing down everything they can while there kids are locked in the house playing games just like this :|

Last edited:

FoxRacing023

Mar 29, 2002
i rented it from blockbuster, it has to be one of the best FMX games i've played (mcm2 still topps) but the riders are wearing helmets when they are riding in the game, and it is more of entertainment riding than realistic down to earth like mcm2. the riders are shown in the commercial w/o helmets to show you how far they went to make realistic riders faces instead of a 5 sided polygon with a nose and eyes painted on like some other games, well thats just my .02 anyways

Top Bottom