BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
2 in one day, in freaking OKLAHOMA! 4.7 at 2:12 AM and then 5.6 at 10:53 PM. Never dreamed this would happen here. I felt the house move and the rumbling lasted about 90 seconds. The epicenter was 60 miles away in a small town called Sparks.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yikes! Luckily there wasn't major damage and no one got killed! Let's hope that's the end of it for now.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Keep your head down Okie's!! People are reporting feeling those in north Texas. Crazy stuff.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
It was the shift of power from Norman to Stillwater.:)

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
High Lord Gomer said:
All y'all OK, out there?

I haven't heard of any injuries, just a little shaking.

Attachments

• 381935_1875294500641_1789575184_1274661_1288551497_n.jpg
    381935_1875294500641_1789575184_1274661_1288551497_n.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 140

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
4.6 an hour ago. Heavy rain, high winds, thunder, and a Tornado Watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
we had a large mirror hanging in the hallway go down with the latest earthquake last night. didn't break it though.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
I was up watching TV about 11pm. Felt the couch shaking like my dog (165 LB Mastiff) was laying on the back side kicking it in his sleep. Then I remembered Sarah had taken the dog with her when she went to bed so I about crapped my pants thinking someone was behind me in my house.... Jumped up ready to shoot someone and saw that I was alone. So, the only other logical conclusion I could come to was that I was having a heart attack. Earlier this year I had a heart arrhythmia and I was certain that it was back again. I waited a few minutes, damn near drove the the ER but decided I'd best just shut the TV down and hit the rack.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
Thump said:
I was up watching TV about 11pm. Felt the couch shaking like my dog (165 LB Mastiff) was laying on the back side kicking it in his sleep. Then I remembered Sarah had taken the dog with her when she went to bed so I about crapped my pants thinking someone was behind me in my house.... Jumped up ready to shoot someone and saw that I was alone. So, the only other logical conclusion I could come to was that I was having a heart attack. Earlier this year I had a heart arrhythmia and I was certain that it was back again. I waited a few minutes, damn near drove the the ER but decided I'd best just shut the TV down and hit the rack.

Haha, only in Oklahoma do people respond to earthquakes with guns! I can't even begin to tell you how many friends of mine said their first reaction was to grab their gun. Too funny.

I was awake with my wife, and my younger brothers were in town and hanging out at our house watching some football. If I would have busted the guns out they would have had a greater pucker moment than they already had due to the quake. :yikes:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
We had an earthquake in NY this past summer and a friend of mine was interviewed on the local news. He was walking out of a local bar when they asked him what he thought. He told them that he was driving his truck when it hit and he thought something had broken on the truck. Then he said he was relieved to find out it had just been an earthquake…like we have them everyday!

What he was thinking was, WFT was that, holy @#%$!!! He was talking very deliberate in the interview because he kept worrying he was going to blurt out what he was thinking. I could see in his face what he was thinking.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
These quakes, in areas of no known fault lines are really NOT GOOD, in my limited opinion! Some are blaming fracking from the coal and oil industries, others like in Virginia, the damned off lake impoundments. The rediciosly large one in China backs the latter up! And they are both related man made mistakes? The west coast has these shallow weak quakes hourly, but on stable areas like Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia and I even caught one in Rhode Island of all places! I am so glad the magnitude did not reach 6 or above! I sure hope, this is what has been going on, and has NOTHING to do with the magnetic polar change!!!! This gets into an area that science is as ignorant as I. The fact that a some Indians from South America predicted this is going to happen, along with the planetary alignment of our Solar System, too much? We ALL do have a front row seat. 300 miles or so from the New Madrid fault line is my reality! And you better believe I am on the now highest ground in my area, by luck of course! And clay allows harmonic quake tremors to pass through much better than bedrock! Pressure waves, Ocean waves and quake waves, all to me move with the same basic principles. Keep plenty of drinking water on hand, at any rate!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Uchytil said:
Michigan is a sandbar so I should be ok.

I guess you haven't heard about liquefaction? :ohmy: :whoa: Keep a boat handy. :yikes:

Top Bottom