28.7 KB · Views: 292

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I'm on my way ..... keep my spot set!

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Mmmm Mmmm, looks mighty good. Is there enough for everyone? Boy I sure do hope so, if I wasn't so full from dinner I'd be drooling over such a good lookin dish.

Lee W.
L85

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
MMMMMM! CHILI! First night tradition at the Heartland Spodes Camp at Dirtweek!

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Thats exactly want I wanted for lunch today. :) Instead I got lasagna. :think:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Thick, steamin' bowl of homemade Chili. MMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
HEY!! That looks like what I ate for lunch to day!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Yummy! I love a good chilli. Looks good anyway. I hope its not trick photography ;) Will let TTRguy fill us in on the taste.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Oh man, I should have taken a pic of my omlette this morning. Apparently 9 or 10 eggs is too much for an omlette for two people. :scream:

The coffee cake that I thought was going to be a disaster turned out great and for once, I didn't burn anything! :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Breakfast and dinner at Speedy's, Monday!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
10 eggs??? Now that's what I'm talking about. :thumb:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
:| You MUST have gotten that vegi soup idea from TwinSpork. BEANS? Come on now Missy, what is that stuff, a Boca shot at spiced vegitable soup? And what's with all the foo-foo on the top? I wouldn't be suprised if the meat was Toe-Food! Looks like I'll have to find some kind of stable shipping container and forward some real chilli up to save TTRGuy this winter. ;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Patman
:| You MUST have gotten that vegi soup idea from TwinSpork. BEANS? Come on now Missy, what is that stuff, a Boca shot at spiced vegitable soup? And what's with all the foo-foo on the top? I wouldn't be suprised if the meat was Toe-Food! Looks like I'll have to find some kind of stable shipping container and forward some real chilli up to save TTRGuy this winter. ;)

GSR - I have been waiting for Patman and the BEANS comment all weekend. He must have been doing something fun!
BTW one of the best tasting chili recipes I have uses kidney beans and it just doesn't taste the same without .... Believe me when I say that I have tried.
Chili and beans are not a Tejas thang.
Tony

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Aw c'mon Patsy, Beans IS good. :) I didn't realize you were just as anal about your chili as you are about torquing side panel bolts per the manufacturer's specs. :moon:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I don't mind beans but they belong in SOUP! From the looks of the pic that is exactly what it is. I'd also venture there is hamburger meat in there and that the base is water = soup. In my chili the base is MEAT, hunks of steak type meat with some Bambi if I'm lucky. To that ya' add spices LOTS of screamin' hot spices along with some roasted New Mexico peppers, tomato paste and 2 cans tomato sauce. After the MEAT is seared ya let all the other stuff sit together in the cast iron pot for a few hours over a low heat. Serve it with some crackers, diced onions, sliced jalapinos and a good daddy pop. I do like some peanut butter on my crackers sometimes :confused:

I guess I'll have to make some daddy pop and chili this winter with a play by play for those that missed the debate TwinSparticus and I had (what do ya' expect he's up in Dallas).

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by Patman
tomato paste and 2 cans tomato sauce.

:|

Actually 'crushed tomatoes' are preferred and this chilli didn't have any of that lazy man tomato paste and 2 cans tomato sauce stuff in it.

Aimee actually did cheat and use ground round instead of real chili meat but only because we went to a different grocery store and had already been out grocery shopping for almost 3 hours (I nixed the idea of going to another just for the correct meat). I think the Masa Harina really brought it all together :yeehaw:

Foo foo stuff on top? Dang, diced onions and peppers are foo foo Pat? It was great chilli even though I did have to add a little more 'spice' to mine. It would have been spicy enough for most people though.

Aimee did a great job! You really had to see the 10 egg omelete Sunday morning to appreciate it :thumb:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
OK, Eddie and Aimee. So you guys are coming down to ride with us AND bringing a big ole pot of Chili!! Great!! I knew I liked you guys for some reason. ;)

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
GSR is cooking? I'm impressed. Does she vacuum & do windows now? I guess liberated women IS a California thing :p

I have the solution to GSR & Pantless' debate: Each of you make a pot of chili and air freight it to me for judging. Please include a recommendation for the appropriate daddy pop - include the suggested beverage if it is not available here in CA.

Brian

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Egads! What's that white stuff in there? TOFU? :scream: I think a chili cook-off is in order for DW03. :thumb:

I have to agree w/ the pantlesswonder. Need real meat, real onions, no beans, tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes. Also need to see some jap-a-lenyoh seeds floating in there. THrow some tobasco on top and crackers. Ice cream for later :)

Top Bottom