ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
If theirs a WoodRuff Key on the Crank and a slot on the flywheel, how easy is it to mess up the timing??? I should be alright right?

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
usually there are some markings, on the case, on the flywheel and on the magneto.
Some aftermarket cranks have a different timing than OEM. In that case its done over the wood-ruff's key location.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
ojasia said:
If theirs a WoodRuff Key on the Crank and a slot on the flywheel, how easy is it to mess up the timing??? I should be alright right?

Right. The woodruf key locates the flywheel and as long as the key and the slot is in good condition, it can only go on one way. All crankshafts have the same key location, OEM or aftermarket.

If your ignition plate (the plate where the coils and pick-up are mounted) has slotted holes, you can adjust the timing by moving the plate. Most ignition plates on modern bikes do not have slots and can only go in one position.

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
Ol'89r said:
All crankshafts have the same key location, OEM or aftermarket.

I'm aware that forums and message boards are not really reputable for information however at TT they discussed and agreed on the "retarding" Wiseco crank shafts.

TT

ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
Well finished my first practically full engine rebuild Friday night was up till 1:30 so I could hit a poker run on saturday morning. Turned the gas on saturday morning and started her up ran a whole tank through it yesterday, ^ For the un-trained ear I dont even know if I would be able to tell or not but it ran good! all day if it was retarded timing I couldnt tell. Thanks for all the replies guys on the entire build I know I posted alot so I appreciate it. And I'm sure ill be back at some point! Lol. Although next in store is some replacement reeds and actually I need some advice on those as well I'll post a thread see ya their ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom