Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Riiiiing.....Riiiing....

"Hello, you have reached the Internal Revenue Service. All of our representatives are busy at the moment, but remain on the line for 1 minute and you phone number will be captured and a service representative will contact you as soon as...." CLICK!

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
I got an idea Eric, you can hire a person with the same name as you that answers the phone.

It will go something like this,
E:Hello Forward motion, Eric speaking.
Cust:Hello Eric, I have a problem and need advice.
E:Ok what is your problem
Cust:We'll my engine blew up Blah, Blah, Blah.

In all reality he will think he is talking to you, but just one of your employee's who can answer most of their questions anyway and everyone is happy. You get your work done and the customer is happy with his free advice.

So the advice i give you is name everybody Erik in your shop and it is a win win situation. They get an awesome name and it free's you up.

Erik

JTurn36178

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2002
My father was in business for almost 50 years. Some things never change reguardless of the medium.
I wish I could be your apprentice for a few years. A 50 year old apprentice???
Oh well if wishes were horses, Paupers would ride.
Just my 2c.

Do your best, good luck.
Jim

vetrider

Nov 7, 1999
my dad once told me that everyone should have their
own business at least once in thier life just to see what it's really like. successful businesses make money , money causes stress, because everyone figures you have enough that they should be able to get services or items for free. i have had a business for close to 10 years(oilwell servicing) and have learned to deal with at least a 100 companies. it was posted earlier that the majority of customers are great, but there are always a handful that make life just miserable. i guess being thru a couple of very slow times in the oilfield, i have learned to make hay while the sun shines, in a manner of speaking. it looks to me as eric's company is growing faster than he wants. every business man wants a successful company, but be careful what you wish for as it might come true.

scottreath

Jun 13, 2002
eric:
harold the Nicom plater says don't worry, be happy....
a healthy price increase will weed out the riff-raff and pay for a 2 week vacation to Negril, too!!
scott

Top Bottom