wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
It is a good way to do it, likely would work for people that own thier own property. For guys like myself that have a morgage to a land owner and not a bank, with a contract that says I have to keep it insured I am not allowed to try that type of protection. I honestly would consider that but it will be a long time before that happens.
Insurance quotes are on the verge of ridiculous.

wardy

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
I don't think a setup like that would work.  The Attorneys would just go after the property itself if the company didn't have any assets.  It is against the Law to hide assets in a Court of Law and I doubt any Judge would allow a holding company to sit back and say we are not at fault because we don't own the land.  Somebody does and whoever that is would have to pay with whatever assets they have.  That means if you got slapped with a 50k judgement and told the Judge you don't own anything he would just give them the Land or ordered it sold to pay the judgement.

I can guarantee you that a Bank would not let you have a note with them without Insurance.  They know multiple trusts and holding companies will not protect hard assets.  All those do is help to prevent the true identity of the owners from being known and gone after.  Yes, the owners could avoid personal liability but not the track itself which obviously has some assets including land.

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
There would be no legal recourse against the land owners, in this case the Land Trust, thay do not operate a track. They only lease the land to the track operators. I work at a bank and have several clients that due this with there commercial rental properties and have never had a problem. It is not a holding company or a subsiderary, it would be two seperate companies, sure ownership would be similiar, but leagally not related companies. If you have good documentation writen by and attorney and signed waivors, you got a real good chance of winning in court. I am not saying they can't sue you, but it will most likely be throughen out. Unless you were grossly neglagent, ie did something that caused the injury.

This is an option to avoid high insurance, if you are going to go out of business because you can't afford the insurance, seperate your self from the track and have the track be self insured.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
BUTLERraceingyz said:
what is the address of it?
Uhh.. If he knew the address, maybe he'd know where it is? Just a thought.

Top Bottom