PLEASE SUPPORT DIRTRIDER
Help cover the site's expences for
our 21st year online!

$1, $5, it all helps!

Everytime i jump.....

Man everytime i jump when i get into the air my back end always comes up and my front end always comes down resulting in a major indo. What am i doing wrong!? Please help.....Thanx

------------------
88 kx 125
There is no such thing as too much power!

JG

Super Power AssClown
are you staying on the gas when you hit the jump?

I try to but i must not be holding it all the way up the jump.

------------------
88 kx 125
There is no such thing as too much power!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Three possibilities come quickly to mind:

1.  Short, steep jumps tend to kick the back end up in the air because by the time the rear tire hits the jump, the front tire is already in the air.  You really have to be on the gas and even pull back on the bars for short, kicker jumps.

2.  When you hit a jump, the front of the bike goes up.  The natural inclination is to keep your body in the same position, so the bars come toward you and your wrist rolls forward.  A conscious effort and frequently re-gripping the throttle can help this.

3.  Like me, you're scared and let off.
  When you find the cure for this one, let me know.

- a d v e r t i s e m e n t -

I agree with the other posts--sounds like you are chopping the throttle before "takeoff"....you don't have to be WFO, just keep the gas on steady and it should help....Good luck!

Gripper
'99 CR 500R
Vet Int-B MX

JG

Super Power AssClown
I do the same thing....let off the throttle right before the top of the jump. I think it's out of fear

Tex

Thats a great freestyle move! And the bike seems to be very well trained especially since it was Orins first try. I have seen this trick done before but only with horses in the circus.  Do you have to whisper to the bike?

(How does the story end?)

------------------
Special-K D X
Founder: Rusty Demons Of Hurt M.C.

Orin was the luckiest man alive that day. He did end up eating most of the front tire and then getting run over by the "very well trained bike". All he received for his spectacular get off was a nasty 5" in dia. bruise on the thigh that hit the bars while returning from orbit. He is doing well and still rides with me as long as there is no flight time involved.

BTW: This was taken by Hi-way 175 in Crandall Tx. A very concerned elderly lady happened to drive by and see this in person and called 911 to the scene. I had captured this on a digital camera for their arrival. The Crandall Police have a print out of this hanging up in the station. We were all hurting pretty bad from laughing so hard.

Orin doesn't sit down much while riding...

I do have some after shots that my son took while we were trying to make sure he was alright. If all of you would like to see those.

Tex
99' YZ250
91' RM125 (the bucking steed)

Show us more!  I was trying to figure out if the photo was "digitally enhanced"...guess not huh.

------------------
Special-K D X
It is better to have rode and crashed, than never to have rode at all.

gp

Looks to me like Orin had plenty of time to determine if not spending the money on some safe riding gear was worth it after all. Darn it!