Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
What do you think people. How about putting together a fall ride at Lost Trails. I have access to a cabin in Promised Land, PA which is only a half hour drive to Lost Trails. Everyone can stay for FREE! Campfire at night and a real short walk to the local bar, can't beat that. We can make a long weekend of it. Bring the kids and spouse and they can go fishing or hiking in the state park. Best of all, we all get to hang out again! Lets pick a weekend in October or early November.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Sounds cool, don't know if I'll stay at the cabin or not, but I'd be in. I'm off every Saturday in November, and both Sat & Sun the last 3 weekends.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'd love to but my life has gone to crap recently and I haven't even been on my bike since May. We got some flooding from hurricane Lee, my wife had a mini stroke and my dad passed out and ended up getting a pacemaker installed...not to mention 10-12 hour days at work. We still don’t know what really caused my wife’s stroke but at least she has full function back. The flood damage was the worst. I only had 1.5 inches in the finished basement but it was enough so I have to tear out the walls and insulation. The mold started just a short time after the rain stopped. Outside I had lots of run off damage that needs repair...and I live on a mountain!!!!! The people in the low land near the river got hammered so I can count my blessing I guess.

After I typed all that out I realize that I need to get out!

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Dave, sorry to hear about the run of bad luck. The house can be repaired, your family cant. Best wishes for all of you.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Sorry to hear all the troubles Dave. Hope all heal up well. The basement is good for work shops, wood stoves, pipes and heaters. I never understand whey people put carpet and drywall under ground. I got about 1" in my first level basement (work shop) in the rain last night. I just throw a bromine tablet on the cement floor, put a surface pump on the floor and turn the fan on. Kerry's Uncle has a roll off dumpster biz and has been running non stop with wet carpet, drywall, and furniture from flooded basements.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Damn Dave! Sounds like a rough patch for sure.

Trigger, I'd love to say yes to a ride, but I'm booked solid until mid November at least.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
You can always count me in, I'm there just about every weekend anyway.

Sorry to hear about all the thats happened recently Dave, and I'm glad to hear that all is getting better with your wife and dad. I know all about the problems with flooding, we got hammered here in NJ too, and it seems like at least once a week since the hurricane, someplace locally here gets hit again. just in the past 2 days, we have had more bridges and roads destroyed by more flooding around here. I had to stick a second sump pump in my basement during the hurricane, just to keep up with how fast the water was coming into the basement.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Thanks everyone.

Dan, we had real heavy rain the other day here and I kept checking to make sure no more water was coming in. Thankfully the drainage I dug outside is doing what wanted. There are so many people that are trying to rebuild in the middle of more flood warnings. It’s terrible!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Yeah, and I live in a 100 year flood plain and have to carry flood insurance, that I have never put a claim in on. So it looks like the Spring ride DYDR crew with scooter. Maybe we can hit RAC on the way home.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Papakeith said:
Trigger, I'd love to say yes to a ride, but I'm booked solid until mid November at least.

In other words, Keith is lost in his corn maze, and is hoping to find his way out before Thanksgiving :laugh:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Maybe if we start cooking a Turkey he will find his way out?
I'm in Jim Thorpe for the weekend on the 15th other than that I should be good, just gotta fix the bike up a bit.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Me too, and if anybody is thinking about buying something with training wheels, Yahama is having demo rides from 10-3 this saturday and Sunday to try out thier ATVs.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Dan I might be bringing someone with me too and maybe one guy with his son that rides a quad. He can be the water crossing tester.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Thats why I wanted andrew to bring his uncle, he could be our water tester :yikes: I just hope they fixxed the hole at the end of the tunnel so we can go through. Most of the water crossings should be fine, and I know to stay to the left in one of them, but I wont tell you which one :p

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Only fixxing one hole, since its in a bad spot in a dark/narrow tunnel. Theres still plenty of other water holes to play in.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yep. I'll be there between 9 and 9:30. Hopefully closer to 9. I have one friend meeting me there. You've met him last year. He has a qaud cab Chevy full size white truck and a DR350.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
tell him to look for my truck if he is there before you, I'll grab a spot so we can all park together.

Top Bottom