fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I have been very happy with the attendance at the first four events in the Family Enduro Series. One of the changes that we made this year is that everyone gets a scorecard and is entered into the system. This extra work does allow for us to get a better count of the participants.
In past years we allowed for a "P" rider to chaperone the younger riders, but it created some issues for the check crews due to the number of bikes entering a check and the "P" riders trying to find a route around. In reviewing the sign up forms from last year about 30% of the riders were "P" riders. When I compare the event attendance I do include an estimate of the "P" riders.
So far this year attendance has been up at every event from a 9% increase at the Sand Booger in Indiana to a 42% increase at the Mini Moose in Marquette. Total attendance (671 participants) is up 26% attending the same four events. Arbor Day and Picker Valley were both up over 30%.

Please invite your friends to the Pine Cone on July 14th. Last year we had 333 riders in Moorestown. Maybe this year we can exceed 400!

I hope to see everyone at the LMC clubgrounds in a few weeks.

Mike

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
"like"

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
What a great series it is! The attendance figures validate just how much people value the FES. Can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday.

400 rider target for Pinecone. :cool:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We did not reach our goal of 400 riders for the Pine Cone, but we had a good turnout. I heard some people decided not to ride because it was going to be hot and dusty. The rain started just minutes before key time and made for some prime riding conditions.

We have a busy month in the FES. We will be in Lawton this weekend, Matthews, IN the last week in July and Bentley on August 4th.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Here are details on the 3rd Annual Grapevine Enduro being held this Saturday, July 21, 2012

• Start / Key Time is 11:00am
• Registration is Friday 6pm - 8pm, and Saturday 8am - 10:30am
• ALL Riders MUST have a silencer and a spark arrester to participate
• Primitive overnight camping is available
• Pits are in downtown Lawton, and within a 3-block walking distance from restaurants, hardware store, and gas.

Closest Address: 342 W 4th St, Lawton, MI 49065

GPS: N 42deg 09.963' / W 85deg 51.191'

Directions: Exit 60 off I-94, south on M-40 about 4.5 Miles through Lawton, look for Post Office on right, turn right at Post Office, two blocks to pit area on the left.

Elevation: 755’

E-Mail: GrapeVineEnduro@yahoo.com

Rev Ron Packer: (269) 548-7348

Web Site: http://www.gvemi65.wix.com/​grapevineenduromi

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
Thank you to the couple that helped me out with some gas and changing the plug on my sons 50. Tried to find you after the race. Thanks again

Also, it was a fun race

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Another successful FES in Lawton. The turnout was good and we had a lot of "smiles on faces" after the event. The field was empty by 5:00. Very little clean up was necessary. Thanks to everyone who made the trip.

Next week Matthews, Indiana!!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
FES riders - Volunteers needed

Last year we had some FES riders help on Sunday events. We have a couple of Michigan events in the next couple of months - VTR next weekend and the Grizzley in September.

To include some incentive, any FES riders who does help at either or both of these events will get a discount on the cost of Trailfest on October 20th. Let me know if you have any questions.

We had nearly 300 riders in Matthews last year. Please bring your friends and help us have another 300+ event.

Mike

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
FES after 8 rounds

We just finished four events in four weekends. I am staying home this weekend (in the rain). Thanks to everyone who made the trip to Moorestown, Lawton, Matthews and Bentley.

Attendance was strong for the first half of our season, but the numbers have dropped some during the Summer. Our numbers are still up in total for the year - not bad with the current economy, gas prices and four consecutive events.

CLARIFICATION: If you have ridden more than six events this year, you will notice that your worst finish is no longer included in the point standing. The intent was to count only your best six finishes of the year. Some publications noted that it was the best seven of 10 and I apologize for the confusion. The points system is calculating the results correctly. If you have any questions, please give me a call.

I look forward to seeing everyone at our next event at Ranch Rudolph on September 29th. The Ranch has plenty of room for campers with water/electric hookups and motel rooms. See you there!!

Top Bottom