• Six Six One (Neck roll)

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Six Six One (Neck nut)

Votes: 9 9.7%

• Total voters

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
I've been using my PCS collar for 2 years. No problem with it. I've been very happy with it. I'm going to get one for my 12 year old nephew who is just starting to ride dirt bikes.

DEX

Jun 11, 2003
Nobody ever tried the Sixsixone Neck roll? I ordered one and it hasnt come in yet but I was just wondering why people didnt like it

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Voted for the PCS 1.0" I feel it also helps protect the collar bone, have never noticed, while riding and since it attached too you chest protector, dont forget too put it on or lose it..
RIck

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
rickyd said:
Voted for the PCS 1.0" I feel it also helps protect the collar bone, RIck

This past weekend, the kid took a pretty hard fall, smacked the back of his helmet off the trail and snapped his collar bone.. I still stand by the PCS though..
RIck

Nice Guy Eddie

Uhhh...
Jun 30, 2004
yeah.... My understanding of collar bone breaks.. (I don't have one, but have watched many snap, and accompanied more than a couple people to the ER with them)... is that it is usualy a result of putting out your arms to stop the fall.... the arm takes the blow and transfers to the collar bone, which in turn snaps if it can't take the load... They aren't usualy caused by direct impact on the bone.. (but certainly could be occasionaly)

The best advice, from my understanding, is to tuck and roll with the crash to dispurse the impact... NOT put out your arms like you would if you tripped while walking.... but that is very hard to remember when you're about to smack the ground

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
EVS RC2, no other brace is worthy of protecting me.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
PCS 1.0" for me. I had a pretty bad crash two years ago (landed on head, 4th gear pinned). The physical therapist I had couldn't figure out why I didn't have any neck injuries. He wanted to know what kind of helmet I was wearing. I told him that I was wearing a my helmet, chest protector and neck brace and he said it was a good thing. B/C I probably would have had more than just a severe concussion (w/minor brain damage..:( ). I haven't ridden w/out it since. I have also noticed more and more people are wearing the PCS at the tracks around here. Especially young kids.

I had an EVS one at one time, but hated it. Rubbed my neck and didn't like it rubbing on my helmet.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I've worn the PCS 1.5" for a few years now.... started wearing it after recovering from a broken collarbone. I agree that a neck brace is not a likely guarantee against another CB break, but figure it will help prevent against serious neck injuries.

A few weeks ago I went through some thick branches that were supposed to move, but didn't. Clotheslined me off the bike, and nearly crushed my windpipe. Still a little sore to swallow 3 weeks later. Makes the frontal neck coverage provided by the EVS a little more appealing. :think:

Attachments

• 2004_09_28_ 014 (Small).jpg
    2004_09_28_ 014 (Small).jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,730
  • 2004_09_26_ 022 (Small).jpg
    2004_09_26_ 022 (Small).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2,712

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I have the EVS and so far so good. I wear it all the time now.

+30

Aug 2, 2005
pcs 1.5

this is an old topic, but i have been using my 1.5pcs for 3 yrs. I dont notice it while riding but photos show that while riding my properly fit and adjusted chest protector naturally sags down in the back pulling the pcs which is tied to the protector with it. Even with the proper amount of slack in the tie strings it just wants to kind of float back and down. That being said I have several crashes that Im sure I could feel the helmet come in contact with the neck support and Im sure it helped stop my neck moving in that sideways direction. Also when overjumping since the pcs is open in the front there is no protection from snapping your head forward and down. I am going to try one of the other full coverage style units just to compare. I tried one of those that velcros across the front and it just feels pretty bad. Its hard to forget your wearing it.Especially if you have a chest protector on that bumps it around. Plus during hot motos Im not sure I would like wearing it. So for comfort Id say pcs, but protection I would have to guess and say on of those neck nut styles IMHO.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i just got a 661 neck roll. very uncomfortable, i hate it. i'll keep wearing it for safety's sake but i'll be glad when it falls apart and i can try something else.

Racerboy

Apr 14, 2007
I have the PCS 1.0 and I like it. Very low profile and doesnt bother me at all to wear. I do notice it slightly but if I didnt notice it at all I doubt it would do anything. Also instead of using PCS's mounting system I just used 2 zip ties at the front. It looks cleaner and I dont see any reason that the rear needs to be tied down. I also have the EVS RC1 and its a total PITA to wear. It gets hot, it moves around and is just plain UNCOMFORTABLE. As a result it sat and never got used. I tried to with the opening to the front and with the opening to the back and it was best with the opening to the back. After a lap or two though it would be sideways. Also I am 5'6 and dont have a long neck and the 1.0 was really nice. I might be able to wear the 1.5 too but the 1.0 is just nice and comfy. So far without having crash tested it I give it a thumbs up! Also they have super fast shipping! I didnt pay any extra to upgrade my shipping and I ordered it friday and it got here monday! :D

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
i like my evs rc3. its low profile and doesnt get in the way. its very comfortable and it helps also

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
I have been looking into getting a leatt brace or a neck roll... Is there really a huge advantage of having a leatt rather than just a neck roll? I'm not sure if it's worth spending $300 on a leatt or if i shold just go with a neck roll? :cool:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
LEllis7motox said:
I have been looking into getting a leatt brace or a neck roll... Is there really a huge advantage of having a leatt rather than just a neck roll? I'm not sure if it's worth spending $300 on a leatt or if i shold just go with a neck roll? :cool:
It depends on whether or not you want to protect your neck. Would you wear sneakers or boots on your feet?

Top Bottom