SGExotics

Jun 21, 2010
Hey guys, im really new to motocross and was just riding at my local track the other day.. Im starting to get the idea of how to jump and position myself when i am jumping.. Im squeezing my knees really tight when i hit jumps, but sometimes my feet slide up off the pegs? is this normal? or a i doing something wrong?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
bend your knees

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
With more practice it will become automatic. Most people approach a jump with their legs slightly bent and then "let" the bike come up to them in the air. Just before landing they usually push the bike back down a bit to ensure their feet are in proper contact with the pegs and that they have some room in the legs to allow the legs to act as a second form of suspension when landing.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Some people do that on purpose, as long as your feet find the pegs before (or as soon as) you land, you should be fine. Every body else here is correct, although you might tighten up the rebound a little and see if it helps.

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
I had the preload too soft on my rear suspension once.
It was making me jump higherthen the bike itself and the bike go down too fast.
I set the proper preload and there we go, i dont fly over the bike while jumping now. It slowly raise mewith the bike in the air smoothly and nicelly.. with good throttle control of course.

sx2504life

Sep 30, 2009
try also gripping with your calfs i found i used to just bounce up off the pegs a little when i first started but it was just a how i was griping issue

Top Bottom