First Enduro Race Report

BCR-Bob

Sponsoring Member
Thanks Tim. I don't do as much as alot of guys in the club do, some where up there for the 6 full weekends before. It is alot of work to do these races but it definitley is for the good of the sport.

That hill you speak of is called Snowshoe, and you ought to go down in the rain, brakes are optional. Going up is a serious workout also.

BCR-Bob - Glad you posted - you guys did an old fashoined enduro regarding
difficulty - THANKS!! I will be back for next year! :yeehaw: Is scoring complete? Curious how my first loop time was in comparison to the rest of the guys/gals! Did Smetzle(sp?) overall?

HOKIE - Going to Del Norte ?? I might - I was offered a bike without driving mine up there so.... we'll see!

BCR-Bob

Sponsoring Member
Thanks Nut. Because no C riders finished (this is what I'm told) the computer isn't giving out the results. The guy running it will figure it out though(if he hasn't allready) and we can always go to the back sheets. Smetzle zero'd both my checks. On the third loop he came in about 4 minutes fast, stopped 20 yards from the check, and balanced there until his minute. Very impressive.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Keep riding enduros. Work a few enduros (everything from laying out a section, setting speed averages, determining check placement, determining reset lengths, working a check, scoring to picking up trash after it's over is considered working an enduro). Learn the rules. Learn how to do timekeeping in your head. Learn how to ride possibles (don't be a screenwatcher). Eventually you'll start taking home some hardware. Expect a few bumps, bruises, scrapes and hematomas along the way. If you're real lucky you'll only break your bike and not your body.

Hokie

Sponsoring Member
Originally posted by Enduro_Nut

HOKIE - Going to Del Norte ?? I might - I was offered a bike without driving mine up there so.... we'll see!
I am not going to Del Norte, I have to finish up my Hunter Education course.
Something about proving I can safely discharge a firearm at the range, and pasing a written test. Already cancelled this part once. Kind or irritated at the whole thing. I have been hunting and around firearms since I was about 10 (now 34) I don't need some guberment program to tell me to "Be careful"

Oh well, at least there will be some educated people out there with me!

Oh, off the soapbox now, back to enduros.

I am planning on doing the one in Rand though!

Hokie

Sponsoring Member
Originally posted by BCR-Bob
Thanks Nut. Because no C riders finished (this is what I'm told) the computer isn't giving out the results. The guy running it will figure it out though(if he hasn't allready) and we can always go to the back sheets. Smetzle zero'd both my checks. On the third loop he came in about 4 minutes fast, stopped 20 yards from the check, and balanced there until his minute. Very impressive.
I had heard 2 C riders finished, this makes me feel even better!!
That is impressive about Smetzle balancing there for 4 minutes. I am lucky
to stay balanced while traveling at speed!

Originally posted by WoodsRider
Keep riding enduros. Work a few enduros (everything from laying out a section, setting speed averages, determining check placement, determining reset lengths, working a check, scoring to picking up trash after it's over is considered working an enduro). Learn the rules. Learn how to do timekeeping in your head. Learn how to ride possibles (don't be a screenwatcher). Eventually you'll start taking home some hardware. Expect a few bumps, bruises, scrapes and hematomas along the way. If you're real lucky you'll only break your bike and not your body.

Thanks for the advice.
It sure is overwhelming at first.
I was doing the route chart calculations but gave up after
I heard about the difficulty of the course when we got there.
My friends advice to: "Ride as fast as you can" turned out to
be correct. No way I was going to be early on any of that stuff!!!
I feel like when I first started racing MX and HS, riding around
having a blast not knowing what the He77 you are doing......

Last edited: