Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Dave, what the heck you doing lad? Really sorry to hear that :( Hopefully this injury doesn't take as long as the last to heal (about a year or longer? seems forever anyway)

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
:( Get well soon buddy.......

Mully

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Damnit Dave!!!  Looks like we are going to have to get you a Michelin Man protection suit to ride in.  Sorry to hear about the accident. 

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Wow Dave! You talk about Eriks bad luck but i think he's getting it from his father. ;) Hope you feel better and stay way from that bike!!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I've had just about enough of this. :|
YOU'RE GROUNDED MISTER, NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM :|

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I can't believe it.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Sorry to hear that you've joined the club... :ugg: Remember, it's usually not if you break your collarbone, but when!

Fortunately there is a ton of good advice on this board on how to deal with it.

Depending on the type of break, ask your ortho about getting a Haige Pin installed. Because of your age, a bone growth stimulator may really help as well.

This is what helped speed up an initial slow recovery for me:

http://www.ebimedical.com/products/fracture/orthopak.html

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
AHHH!!!! DAVE!!! DAMNIT!!! :|

That sucks! Luckily a broken collarbone shouldn't be anything like the knee/leg deal you just went through. 6 weeks and she should be good to go... hopefully. What is Trudy gonna do with you?

Well... like Smit-Dog said... join the broken collarbone club. Now you're in the cool people group with thekid, me, Red, and tons of others on here.

So what happened? Were you at Azzie? How is the break? Clean I hope. And how's the new bike? I think these new 250F's must have bad karma or something. :ugg:

Good luck with sleeping and getting up in the morning... getting up sucks the most about a broken collarbone. Make good friends with the recliner.

Heal up soon Dave!! :debil:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Damn, Dave! That really sucks. :ugg:

Heal quickly, and well.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Dave: Get well and be careful. I'm with Rich, go to your room so you will be 100% at DW.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Bummer Dave. Heal up quick.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
thanks everyone.
Iguess I have to blame the bike- It was my first time riding my new 250f and the dam thing felt so good I decided to try doubling thru a rhythym section. last jump out the front end dove and the tire got hung up in a rut. Funny thing is my thought as I went over the bars was my knee and how happy I was that I was wearing Asterisks. As soon as I burrowed into the ghround head and shoulder first I knew it was broken. drove home and had my wife haul me to the ER where the nurse rememberred us from our last 2 visits.
Unfortunately I think I am quitting my attempts to ride :( as the last 2 rides have been a blown knee and now a broken collarbone. I guess I am going to be a fulltime minidad/wrencher for thekid.
He is officially taking over the 250f and will be racing it this weekend for the first time Sunday.

Top Bottom