GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I am LOVIN' this thing! I picked one up at Target for $11.99. Don't bother with the $29.99 version that comes with DVD and floor mat and all that crap, there is enough good excercise moves online or just use the little flimsy pamphlett that shows you everything you need to know.

So I'm rockin' the situps on this thing while I'm watching TV and in short order not only are my flabby abs (they're under there somewhere!! :cool: ) burning, but so is my butt and the backs of my legs. WoooHoo!

Then I roll backward over the fitness ball and OOOOHhHH! that feels good, I didn't know my back was so tight and in need of a good stretch like that. The ball totally supports your back, no worries.

Then I roll forward onto the ball, forward, forward and then finally just my shins are resting on the ball and I'm supporting myself with my arms so I try to do a pushup. Two is enough. Back to sitting on the ball. Phone rings.

Sat on the ball while I was talking on the phone for a while, lost my balance and fell over, knocking my head on the entertainment center - okay, so pay attention when you're using the fitness ball! Just a little advice :boss:

So this morning I start making coffee and I tell myself I'ma gonna do fitness ball situps til the coffee is ready and I get to 6, but I have the sneak-a-cup brew goin' on so I really don't have to do situps the WHOLE time the pot is brewing, you know?

THis evenening, after spending a good hour researching fitness ball routines on the internet, I actually did a decent runthrough of situps, pushups, stretches, etc...Just stay focused, the routine is fun. I'm feeling the burn a little, I think getting the thing was a good idea so I can fit in the little routine here and there.

I kinda like the fitness ball, its fun :aj:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i have this mental image of you and the hooker shoes trying to stand on top of this exercise ball. help me!! i have no idea where that came from.........

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
tx246 said:
i have this mental image of you and the hooker shoes trying to stand on top of this exercise ball. help me!! i have no idea where that came from.........

OMG!! I gotta try that!!! ;) Hey thanks for your comments in the "other" thread as well. I was just about to bust out one more blog entry on the subject...but nahhhh, I'm just having fun now, don't want to come off as bitter or still pissed. ;)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I've been debating getting one of these for a while Natty!

Thanks for that post, I think I'll run to Target and get one!

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
Wow, one of my New Years resolutions is to get into shape....I've been walking about 5miles per day but yesterday....I saw two coyotes wandering around some horses at a nearby ranch along the trails where I walk and my dog went after them! Needless to say, I'm pretty sure they will be stalking me from now on when I hit those trails.........Anyways, if you don't hear from me ever again, it means they got me!!! Hmmm, back to the subject of the excercise ball... It's probably safer than walking right? I think I'll have to go and get me one of them....I'm all motivated!

c&b745XX

~SPONSOR~
Nov 26, 2001
They're great , helps with balance so much . I used one for squats when make back was bothering me , let it roll along the wall . Really burns those twiggy quads of mine !.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I have to report that I think this fitness ball is great! I have been doing three sets of 20 situps on it each morning and by the way my abs are sore, I think it is requiring that I do them in the correct position, which is good. It doesnt even take that long to get them out of the way. I've also been motivated to get back on my elliptical cross-trainer which has sat idle.

c&b, I'll try that squat method against the wall. I also found a really great workout in the recent issue of Fitness magazine that I do at my desk while I'm on long boring conference calls. It only took about 10 minutes. Its Squats, one-leg squats (holding a chair for support), leg sweeps, etc. I could hardly get out of the bed after the first time I did that routine, shows how out of shape I am.

Also found a buddy at work to walk a mile with me on breaks. I'm taking the approach of "little bit here and there" and "just move" Calories in calories out, etc...

Petra, I bet your dogs will keep you safe from the coyote!

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
Petra, I bet your dogs will keep you safe from the coyote![/QUOTE]

Natalie,
You are right , I'm sure my dog would keep me safe (THANK GOD!). She is so fast and fun to watch when we are out on the trails. She's a beautiful border collie that we rescued almost 7 years ago.
I saw those 2 coyotes again yesterday! I was okay but this time my daughter was the scared one!

Petra

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Just an update on the fitness ball. I have to say that I still LOVE this thing and would still recommend it to people. I have been faithfully doing a routine of situps in the morning and at night while watching TV it is easy to fire off 40-80 where I never used to do them before. Someone at work mentioned that my stomach appeared flatter and I have lost 10 lbs in the last month (not all due to the fitness ball, I've been watching what I eat too, and throwing in some cardio here and there) but the fitness ball has become an integrated part of my overall plan to "move more".

A good buy for under $12.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Wow Natty! That sounds great!

I haven't gotten one yet, I'm doing the Billy Blanks Tae Bo/Ab Boot Camp DVD, but the fitness ball sounds more my speed!

I think I'll hit Target this week!!

Agitator

Dec 21, 2005
I definitely need to get in shape. Thank's a lot for posting your results and mentioning the ball on the forums. It's unfortunate that I was right near Target earlier today... I've heard of those balls on tv and such, but wasn't sure how good they really were. Now that I've heard how much you guys like it, I want one~

I'll be sure to get one of those and try to be disciplined about getting in shape.

Thank's again~

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Squeaky, just go get it!!!! If you get one, we can have a contest about how many crunches we do each day and post it here.

You too Agitator - go get one and commit to "move more" just make some small changes like parking farther in the parking lot, walk a half mile at lunch or break, do a little lifting routine with weights if you work at a desk. I'm not exactly the most motivated person in the world and I recently changed positions at work and sit at a desk all day in front of a computer now whereas I used to walk around more and do things that required exhertion! Well, after 4 months on the new job, I had packed on 15 lbs :( It must have been my love of food and decrease in activity so that's why I decided to "MOVE MORE" period.

Top Bottom