atcomx98

Jan 21, 2007
Racing season has started and I have realized i am not in the best shape ever. I do ride every weekend but i just feel like my arms arent strong enough. Anyone know some good workout techniques to work on my arm muscles?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Cardio is number one. Arm strength is down the list actually. The more you ride and the better you get, the less you rely on strong arms. How many pro's have you seen with big guns?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Okiewan said:
How many pro's have you seen with big guns?

Larry Ward has big guns. He likes to hunt.

Cardio is important. So is proper technique. Grip the bike with your knees and keep your body position forward when accelerating helps keep your arms from turning into noodles.

Weight training pays off when things go wrong. I have no doubt that what I have done at the gym has kept me off the ground on several occasions.

If you don't lift you could make a noticeable difference in your strength on the bike by doing push ups, rows and squats.

www.racerxill.com has several mx type workouts under virtual trainer heading.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Most every fast rider I have met has big gun forearms,to the point its bigger or the same as their biceps! Cardio extreme helps out allot. Most racers just need lots of saddle time,fast B and A class is when training programs really payoff. If someone just up out of nowhere wanted to get in shape in a gym,then go race,he would be hurting.Burn allot of gas,hold your race speed for 20 minutes,then take it to the track! Don't carry expectations and don't be down,just go race and see what you need to do. As always,jet your bike to respond and your suspension to your style!There is no other aftermarket product that you can buy to make or help you more than skill and inside your head! Once a friend got into riding,it was like a dt-100,with them big nasty waffle grips,well being around 75 or 76 honda had these magic,thin grips that did not cut your hands to shreds,so I put the oury style grips on his bike and delivered it to him and he was amazed at what I had done to make his bike so much more responsive and quick,basically nothing but more comfortable in his head. First outdoor race is always the best, you may find out about arm pump and fatigue,but it will go away the more you race,2nd moto should go easier! AND HAVE FUN!

Top Bottom