CR Cotton

Oct 8, 2000
i crashed, with the help of a fellow rider in the second moto last week and ended up with a foot peg through my head pipe, i have since ordered an fmf power bomb to replace it. i was just wondering what kind of results i should expect to see when the pipe arrives and i am able to put it on, thanks :

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
I recently found a great deal on a used one and put it on my XR440. I lost a noticeable amount of low end, but gained on the top end. Not sure I'd be happy if I didn't have the 440 kit (might be too much low end sacrifice) for my type of mountain riding where low end is needed.

Compared to other headers I've seen, the Powerbomb doesn't appear to enlarge the header pipes closest to the engine. After the resonator and collector, the pipe is significantly larger. They advertise lower noise (a buying factor for me), but it seemed to change exhaust tone more than reduce decibels.

One other consideration is the lack of a heat shield and pant-melting problems, especially if you wear riding pants outside of boots.

CR Cotton

Oct 8, 2000
thanks for the reply mtn goat, maybe the motor on the 426 will react a little different from the xr, just like you i do not want to sacrifice any low end, but i have already installed a new fifty two tooth sprocket on the rear so maybe the two will offsett each other and make for a good combination, if any one has any suggestions for a better head pipe any suggestions will be considered. thanks again

Top Bottom