forgetting to take muffler plug out and starting bike??

yammieman

Jan 5, 2013
hi there. im just wondering what damages from forgetting to take a muffler plug out and trying to electric start the bike would do, if any at all? im sure a lot of us have done it but i washed the bike and had forgotten to take the muffler plug out. it was my 1st time ever forgetting it was in. it didn't shoot out but bike started only for a second then died.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
No damage other than to your ego if others were watching.

Do be careful putting a plug in someone elses bike to make it hard to start, though. A few years ago I did one to Wardy's bike and if he could have caught me he might have kiled me. I also put on in AJs AF500 and when he started it (he is a bit more of a man than Wardy) the plug shot across the parking lot and hit someones trailer.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
I remember AJ shooting that thing across the lot. Too Funny :cool: but it was many years ago now, 2000 or 2001 time flies.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Bad for the ego, great humor!

BrentRichter

Spammer
May 8, 2013
The muffler plug muffles the sound and the shock at the start of the bike. So please do remember to keep that on while starting the bike as it is quite dangerous for your bike to start it without the muffler plug.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
BrentRichter said:
The muffler plug muffles the sound and the shock at the start of the bike. So please do remember to keep that on while starting the bike as it is quite dangerous for your bike to start it without the muffler plug.

What ???!!????

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
High Lord Gomer said:
It also frees up the plug for more creative applications.
eventually to plug the GAS tank?

Top Bottom