djebel250

Mar 24, 2001
Hi guys, I had jus installed a RACE-TECH Catridge emulator into my front forks. Compressed the forks and pour 10w oil into it until it's 13cm from the top. is this correct? any ideals how much oil i actually should be pouring in? I m 85kg. the bike should be around 145kg. thanks in advance :confused:

new kidd

Dec 3, 2001
The service manual says "When adjusting oil level, remove the fork spring and compress the inner tube fully". Oil level: 164mm (6.5in). From what I have read I thought the only way to adjust the forks on this bike is to change to a different weight fork oil. Where are you finding performance parts for the DR? I don't really plan on doing much to mine but when I do find trick parts they are never for the DR650. Later :thumb:

djebel250

Mar 24, 2001
Newkidd. thanks for the help again. The catridge emulator is from RACE TECH. U can view the product at www.racetech.com costed me about $190usd. it's easy to install as long as u can get the catridge out from the forks. :worship: ( U might need a air wrench with a allen key socket )
Now the forks feels like a catridge fork. plusher and adjustable (must take out the emulator to do so ) believe me. you'll love it. oh btw, The part number is FEGV 4301. I believe itz the same for both my 97 model and your 2000 model.

Last edited:
Top Bottom