KDXBADASS

Dec 14, 2014
Merced, Ca
Trying to get my forks in tune. Fredette Racing says for weight over 200 lbs use the 23 lb fork spring. I really suck at math and all the fork springs I see are measured in KGs. Can anyone hook a Brother up and convert 23 lbs to kgs? I tried the conversion and got 10.432624.........and the numbers ran out. Thank you in advance

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
Trying to get my forks in tune. Fredette Racing says for weight over 200 lbs use the 23 lb fork spring. I really suck at math and all the fork springs I see are measured in KGs. Can anyone hook a Brother up and convert 23 lbs to kgs? I tried the conversion and got 10.432624.........and the numbers ran out. Thank you in advance

The Race Tech web page has a tool for estimating the springs you will need in KG/MM
http://racetech.com/index.aspx.

KDXBADASS

Dec 14, 2014
Merced, Ca
I am 200lbs before gear, I have racetech 42kg,run 4mm preload. 7 1/2 wt fork oil. I just love the way they work for me.
I did some research and found that XR400 late model fork springs were about 41 42 kgs. I put some of those in with 6mm preload spacers in. Works awesome for me. I am going to give it a smoke test in the woods this weekend. I ran over curbs and hit a bunch of shit out where I keep my bike. Felt like a new bike!!!!
Thanks,
Randy

Top Bottom